Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

New Theory

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

New Theory

Postby Swede » 01 31, 2019 •  [Post 1]

I was in Walmart yesterday with four packs of Slick Trick broadheads. This older bow hunter was standing nearby and offered some free advise. He said those S.T. SS 100 gr Standards are no good. His friend used them when he shot a big bull. The first broadhead passed through both lungs broadside so fast that they sealed up without causing any real damage to the animal. The bull just stood there, so he shot it again quartering away. The broadhead went through the lungs again. Finally it walked about 25 yards and just stood there. Then after awhile it just laid down and died.
I don't know; maybe that is the Slick Trick. The elk just walks off about 25 yards and lays down to die after being shot. :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: New Theory

Postby Lsb » 01 31, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Hint: don't buy archery equipment at Walmart. Hell don't go to Walmart, ever.
Lsb

Postby Swede » 01 31, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Lsb wrote:Hint: don't buy archery equipment at Walmart. Hell don't go to Walmart, ever.

I go to Malwart about every other week. You can see the craziest things there. This time of year I check out their clearance items and if I see something I like I will buy. Slick Trick Standard SS 100 broadheads at $17 for a box of three can't be beat. Cabelas wants $45 for the exact same thing. I do not know why, but the broadheads were marked at $25 but I asked one of their sales people, running around with one of the little hand held computers for a price check, and they assured me they were still $17. The posted price was wrong. Check it out where you live. They are an excellent broadhead.
Swede

Postby Lsb » 02 01, 2019 •  [Post 4]

I'll pay 10 times as much elsewhere to not have to go to Walmart or Costco. I can't stand all the people.
Lsb

Postby Swede » 02 01, 2019 •  [Post 5]

Lsb wrote:I'll pay 10 times as much elsewhere to not have to go to Walmart or Costco. I can't stand all the people.

Interesting. I don't care for those stores either. Still I shop at both on occasion. The people don't bother me, but poor service does. Costco has its own issues. I go there the least.
Swede

Postby Lsb » 02 01, 2019 •  [Post 6]

The more people I meet the more I like my dog.
Lsb