Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Gunfight Rules

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Gunfight Rules

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 02 13, 2019 •  [Post 1]

Gunfight Rules

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."
In a gunfight, the most important rule is ... HAVE A GUN!!!
These are shooting tips from various Concealed Carry Instructors. If you own a gun, you will appreciate these rules... If not, you should get one, learn how to use it and learn the rules.

RULES

A. Guns have only two enemies: Rust and Politicians. Rust can be prevented, Politicians cannot.

B. It's always better to be judged by 12 than carried out by 6.

C. Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you

D. Never let someone or something that threatens you get within 7 yards.

E. Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they should hear is the safety clicking off, or the hammer cocking.

F. The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes when only seconds count; the response time of a .357 is 1,400 feet per second.

G. The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always Win - there is no such thing as a fair fight. Always Win - cheat if necessary. Always Win - 2nd place doesn't count.

H. Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets ... you may get killed with your own gun, but they'll have to beat you to death with it because it will be empty.

I. If you're in a gun fight:
(a) If you're not shooting, you should be loading.
(b) If you're not loading, you should be moving.
(c) If you're not moving, you're dead.

J. In a life and death situation, do something ... it may be wrong, but do something!

K. If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

L. Never fire a warning shot, that is just one wasted bullet which could be needed within moments.

M. You can say "stop" or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language; and, you won't have to press 1 for Spanish/Mexican, or 2 for Chinese, or 3 for Arabic.

N. Never leave a wounded enemy behind. If you have to shoot, shoot to kill. In court, yours will be the only testimony.

O. You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Gunfight Rules

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 02 13, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Do you have a favorite of the rules listed above; one that you think is more important than the rest?
WapitiTalk1

Postby Indian Summer » 02 13, 2019 •  [Post 3]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:
J. In a life and death situation, do something ... it may be wrong, but do something!

I think remaining calm is key. So many people freeze or panic. At least all the ones I shot did. 8-) :lol:
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Lsb » 02 13, 2019 •  [Post 4]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:E. Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they should hear is the safety clicking off, or the hammer cocking.

I agree with the first sentence. I disagree with the rest. Use a holster that covers the trigger, carry hot, hammer back, safetys get you killed. The first and last sound heard should be the report. I like where you're going with this
Lsb

Postby Lefty » 02 13, 2019 •  [Post 5]

G. - there is no such thing as a fair fight. ,,,,,,,,, Win -.

Old man rules!!!

I use to tell my students that I have a good sense of humor.
However: My rule
"dont ever come to my house at night to mess with me" I never explained further than that.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 02 13, 2019 •  [Post 6]

I served as a gunners mate in the navy in charge of the ship's armory plus I served one year in an army infantry unit. I have been trained in the use of small arms including hand guns. Still the very last thing I want to do is shoot someone. It is not a point of glory with me. Next to not wanting to shoot someone is my lack of desire to look tough or threatening. I do not even like to think or talk about shooting someone. Pointing a gun at someone is serious and always a last resort. All other options are gone. I have concealed hand gun permit, and plan to keep it concealed.
This is no reflection on anyone here, but It has been my observation over the years that people that talk about shooting someone are more scary than the characters they would like to engage.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Indian Summer » 02 14, 2019 •  [Post 7]

Swede it’s just a life insurance policy. Only to be used in the highly unlikely event that someone who isn’t thinking right decides to draw a weapon and point it at you or the people around you. Most will never find themselves in that situation in their entire lifetime. Pulling out a firearm and pointing it at someone gives them the right to do the same. I would never do such a thing. But if someone were to start waving a handgun around making threats and such I can tell you I would take action fast. There would be no words spoken. If I was forced to pull my sidearm out there’s no question I’d be using it. Keyword is forced.
Indian Summer

Postby Swede » 02 14, 2019 •  [Post 8]

Sure Joe. We will all be better off when everyone is packing a gun to protect themselves. Remember; "guns don't kill people. People kill people."

WapitiTalk1 wrote:N. Never leave a wounded enemy behind. If you have to shoot, shoot to kill. In court, yours will be the only testimony.

I am just thankful there are body cameras on cops now. I will say again the people that talk about shooting others are more scary than anyone else I run into. We talk about what is on our mind. Duh!
Swede

Postby Swede » 02 14, 2019 •  [Post 9]

Here is some information for what it is worth. Many churches and I assume other organizations are arming a few stable persons to help protect their congregations. It is unfortunate, but that is the world we now find ourselves in. I have yet to go to church and have one of these people show me their gun or blat about it. I just know from church leadership they are there.
Here are some things I have found out on the subject:
For every gun used in self defense in the home, there are 7 assaults or murders, and 11 suicide attempts involving guns in or around the home.
There are 8 times more people shot and killed in arguments than by citizens trying to stop a crime. You are 4.5 times more likely to be shot when carrying a gun than if you are not, and you are 4.2 times more likely to be killed.
People with guns are more likely to show signs of impulsive angry behavior than non-gun carriers.
Data shows in 2014, Texans with concealed carry permits were 4.8 times more likely to be convicted of threatening someone than unarmed people.
Stand your ground has increased homicides 7%-10%.

I have had guns all of my life and am not against guns or gun ownership. I know some people that talk about the need to protect themselves from others, and their right to keep and bear arms. The are angry and more scary anyone else I deal with.
Swede

Postby Indian Summer » 02 14, 2019 •  [Post 10]

You are more likely to be shot if you carry a concealed weapon?

I’m going to have to call bullshit on those facts. It sounds like they were written by anti gun activists.
Indian Summer

Postby Tigger » 02 14, 2019 •  [Post 11]

Yeah, I would like to know the source of those "facts".
Tigger

Postby Swede » 02 14, 2019 •  [Post 12]

Go and check on-line FBI statistics.
Swede

Postby Indian Summer » 02 14, 2019 •  [Post 13]

That’s not necessary. Common sense tells me that having a weapon in my pocket doesn’t make me 4 1/2 times more likely to be shot. And how can it make sense that if I have a gun I’m 4.2 times more likely to be killed by that than someone who has no gun and is therefore defenseless assuming they don’t have bear spray.

My own study unfunded by anyone says that a criminal who pulls out a gun is a thousand times more likely to be shot by law enforcement or law abiding citizens with firearms than one who doesn’t pull out a gun.
Indian Summer

Postby Lefty » 02 14, 2019 •  [Post 14]

Most of my life there has been a long gun in my pickup. for hunting purposes only. I have no desire to shoot anyone or to use a firearm when there are other means.
I chose a long time ago to not carry, or keep a firearm beside my bed. Stories that I wont share on a forum. Even though I live next to a reservation I live on a road , more like a street that I feel is very safe.
while teaching at the State Hospital I took a series of classes on verbal deescalation. Ive also been one to see when trouble was coming and leave.
My dad was an boxer ; he never taught us how to box. He said it takes a bigger man to walk away. And he raised us that way
I tell people. Ill use bear spray long before Id pull a trigger.

But typically a hand gun is worthless. Im basing that on a bank robbery that took place in my small town. Robber come out of the bank, Two Highway patrolman and FBI agent come out of the restaurant . Exchange gun fire from across the hood of a car bank behind the crook, 2 story diner behind the LEO, 18 rounds fired. Two bullets found ( one that passed through the crook.)
Lefty

Postby Swede » 02 14, 2019 •  [Post 15]

I know a man in our community that has packed a concealed hand gun. We are not close in any way, but when he saw me in town he wanted me to know about his gun, professional switchblade knife and other items and proceeded to show them to me. I was a little alarmed, but he has a right to keep and bear arms. Within a couple of weeks he was taken into custody for threatening some folks and he was thrown in the cooler for a day or so. The police had to return his gun in about a month. Not long after that, I heard someone else called the cops on him.
I know another fellow that showed me an arsenal of assault rifles and thousands of rounds of ammunition. What would your personal stats indicate the likelihood is he will use them some time? How would he compare to a person with a 30-06 hunting rifle? His stated reason having these weapons is to hold out against a government confiscation of our guns. BTW: He hates the government, police, women, and especially negroes. He is not keen on brown people, but seems tolerant to a point, or he just knows better than to tell me about them. His hero is Stonewall Jackson. How would you advise a person to dress that needs to issue him a subpoena?
Years ago, I was riding in a pickup with a friend on what our map showed to be county road. We came to a gate and I got out to read the sign on the gate. I was threatened by the landowner that I would be shot if we did not leave immediately. I chose to get in the truck and my friend and I left Immediately. We did have a gun, but chose to not contest the man's direction. Later I found out that the county had abandoned the right of way and we were on private road. I saw he was putting up a new building, but saw no evidence of a building permit. I wonder why the county did not go up and issue him a notice of violation like they would you it you were doing the same thing?
These are obviously not the worst folk around. They have not shot anyone that I have ever heard of, but I do not doubt they would if they thought the situation called for it. How much less likely are one of these characters to shoot someone than someone unarmed is?
Swede

Postby Elkduds » 02 14, 2019 •  [Post 16]

Not on the list, but vital: Train regularly, simulate real scenarios in your training.

I use pocket carry, it is simple.

I stopped a guy who was smacking me w a club, w my concealed wheelgun. Fortunately his PTSD let up when he looked down the barrel, so I didn't have to shoot him. I was involved w the DA and court for almost 2 years before he was sentenced to mandatory mental health treatment and probation. Be advised the world gets very complicated when you shoot, even in self defense. I likely would have lost my professional license, meaning my career. I hope it never happens to you.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby RAMMONT » 02 14, 2019 •  [Post 17]

Here is the problem with Swede's "statistics", they come from the FBI who accumulates CRIME statistics so all of those canned anti-gun arguments that he quoted are based on the fact that criminal action created those numbers.

For every gun used in self defense in the home, there are 7 assaults or murders - Because more criminals have guns than non-criminals

and 11 suicide attempts involving guns in or around the home - Regardless of what tool was used to kill themselves they would have committed suicide anyways, what tool was used doesn't make any difference. I know of a case where a guy committed suicide by driving his car off the Grand Canyon, are you going to claim that having a car increases the possibility of suicide.

There are 8 times more people shot and killed in arguments than by citizens trying to stop a crime. - Because criminals, by definition, are people that can't control their emotions and tend to act out when they are pissed off. I'm sure we've all heard stories about turf wars where gang bangers argue over territory and kill each other for it.

You are 4.5 times more likely to be shot when carrying a gun than if you are not, and you are 4.2 times more likely to be killed. - Because criminals are more likely to be shot when the engage in risky behavior and more criminals carry guns than non-criminals.

People with guns are more likely to show signs of impulsive angry behavior than non-gun carriers.- Again, criminals tend to be out of control emotionally and more criminals carry guns than non-criminals.

Data shows in 2014, Texans with concealed carry permits were 4.8 times more likely to be convicted of threatening someone than unarmed people. - Sort of like big guys tend to bully people more than little guys, if you've got big guns you tend to use them.

Stand your ground has increased homicides 7%-10%. - Probably because people can now defend their person and property against criminals whereas before they just handed over what ever the criminal wanted. In the end, I look at it as a good thing - 7 to 10 percent less criminals walking around.

The bottom line is that if you carry concealed then you have an obligation to think through the use of a weapon, not just carry it and never worry about the possibility of having to use it. Anybody that tells me that they carry and never think about shooting a person is dangerous. If you haven't thought through the scenario then you shouldn't be carrying a gun, either you'll freeze and the gun will be of no value (or the bad guy will take it from you and use it on you or some other innocent person) or you'll screw up and not be able to employ the gun due to poor gun handling skills. You need to think about what it will be like for you to shoot a human being so that your brain can handle the possibility of it happening. If you are going to tell me that you had military or police experience and you've never walked through the scenario of pulling your gun on a person then I'm going to say BS. Maybe you've never really been in a life threatening situation. All military and police services teach response scenarios, they are necessary in order to train a preferred response, and there is no way you could go through that kind of training and never ask yourself how you'd feel about shooting a person, unless you are insane and don't care about human life.
RAMMONT

Postby Tigger » 02 15, 2019 •  [Post 18]

I will just comment on this line: "Stand your ground has increased homicides 7%-10%". According to who? That is open to a huge interpretation. What was the trend in homicides before that? Where there any other laws changed? tons of reasons why homicides could have went up that have nothing to do with Stand your Ground.

I wonder what would happen to these stats if you took out gang violence?
Tigger

Postby Swede » 02 15, 2019 •  [Post 19]

Homicide is the act of one human being killing another. It can be used to describe the person who committed murder (He committed homicide) or the person who was killed (A homicide victim) or the actual murder (An act of homicide) It is not always considered a crime if used in self defense. Copied and pasted here.

I think that was the reason Stand your ground was passed into law. I would think it would be easy enough to determine if/or how much this defense, or reason if you prefer, is used for killing another person. Rather than cast doubts on the Department of Justice look things up unless you think they have some ulterior motive and bias their statistics. BTW: Violent crime has been on a down trend for years now. Look it up.

Violent Crime: The violent crime rate also peaked in 1991 at 716 violent crimes per 100,000, and now stands at 366, about half that rate. However, the violent crime rate, like rates of murder and overall crime, has risen and fallen during this time. For example, violent crime registered small increases in 2005 and 2006, and then resumed its downward trend. In 2015, violent crime increased by 2.9 percent nationally and by 2.0 percent in the nation’s 30 largest cities. Preliminary data for 2016 also show a greater increase in the national violent crime rate, up 6.3 percent, and a smaller jump in the 30 largest cities, 2.4 percent. Crime is often driven by local factors, so rates in cities may differ from national averages. Brennan Center for Justice
Swede

Postby >>>---WW----> » 02 15, 2019 •  [Post 20]

My #1 rule: Never pick a fight with an old man. He'll probably just kill you!
>>>---WW---->

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 02 15, 2019 •  [Post 21]

>>>---WW----> wrote:My #1 rule: Never pick a fight with an old man. He'll probably just kill you!

No trout about that ;)
WapitiTalk1

Postby Swede » 02 15, 2019 •  [Post 22]

Elkduds wrote:I stopped a guy who was smacking me w a club, w my concealed wheelgun. Fortunately his PTSD let up when he looked down the barrel, so I didn't have to shoot him. I was involved w the DA and court for almost 2 years before he was sentenced to mandatory mental health treatment and probation. Be advised the world gets very complicated when you shoot, even in self defense. I likely would have lost my professional license, meaning my career. I hope it never happens to you.

In the back and forth exchange of this thread, I failed to give recognition to Elkduds for his wise and conscientious use of his handgun. Let me just say well done. You took care of the matter that could have turned deadly using the least force required to deal with the incident. Good for you and the man sent to the mental hospital. Hopefully he gets the help he needs.
Swede

Postby saddlesore » 02 16, 2019 •  [Post 23]

I have to run the BS flag on a lot of what is posted here.

First off Concealed is exactly that. No one ever knows I am carrying, and I don't advertise it.When I decided to get a CCW permit, I made a conscious decision that if I ever pulled it, I would use it. No brandishing to scare a person. If the situation dictates it be pulled, scaring a person is not going to stop them.

I have several thousand rounds of ammo. I shoot 3-400 rounds of handgun ammo about every month.I probably have 6-7 bricks of 22 RF, 200 rounds or so of ammo for every hunting rifle I own and a few cases of 20 gauge shot gun ammo. I am75 years old and have not shot anyone yet.
Wait until someone tries to stick a knife in you or car jack your car,and see how far talking gets you.

If you don't want to carry, fine, but don't blow smoke up my butt telling me I am safer not carrying a concealed weapon.For those that don't, I hope one of us that does carry concealed is around when it comes time you need it.Sure,I hope I hope I never have to use it, but if someone is attacking me, my chance at my age is slim to none of surviving.I willl deal with the consequences while I am living instead of the alternative

All these statistics are usually made up by someone or some organization that has a preconceived agenda of how they want them to come out.Take away inner city crime like Chicago, suicides,and gang on gang murders and you have more of chance of getting killed by lightening than by a gun carried by a licensed CC individual. Especially the FBI and DOJ. Look at what has been going on with the likes of Comey, McCabe, Rosenthein, etc.Those agency have been corrupt now for the last 10 years and probably 15. You can't believe any thing they put out. Those practices filter down to the rank and file. Same with the CDC that is not suppose to use funds for anti gun purposes,but they do.

I surrendered my NRA certified Instructor card a few years ago when too many other businesses jumped on the band wagon and I taught in excess of 500 people for Basic Pistol and had attorneys coming and give a class of use of deadly force for CCW permits. So I am a little bit knowledgeable on the subject. BTW, in our county where 4-5000 people have CCW permits, only two have had their's rescinded since it' inception 15-20years ago.
saddlesore

Postby Swede » 02 16, 2019 •  [Post 24]

When I wrote about the person with multiple assault rifles and thousands of rounds of ammunition being prepared to defend himself against the government, I based that on exactly what he told me.
As far a this gang violence blat, only about 5% of violent crime is known to have been caused by a gang member. That comes from government studies, Bureau of Justice Statistics. And as for James Comey, Andrew McCabe and Rob Rosenstine their crime has only been investigating suspected criminals, including those in the White House. Some of these people have been convicted of various crimes, some have been indicted and some are still being investigated. Interesting to note that these three Justice Department men listed are not even under investigation. McCabe was accused of being less than candid about information he provided the news media. None of these men have been accused of any criminal wrong-doing. Do you remember how Comey informed the world the FBI was investigating Hillary Clinton: again? He could have said Donald Trump was being investigated too, but he didn't. Why didn't he?
As far as antidotal evidence goes, we all have our frame of reference. I have known special agents and detectives too. Not one I have dealt with would I ever accuse of being "liberal". Very few (1) cops I have known do I think leaned even a little to the liberal side.
Swede

Postby saddlesore » 02 16, 2019 •  [Post 25]

The only reason they have not been accused is the protection of the Democrats. As far as Hillary and Comey are concerned it is common thought that Hillary should have been indicted ,not just stated that she was careless. Comey has admitted he leaked classified information to the media. That is illegal and McCabe is now being investigated for collusion trying to do a coup de tau against Trump while be he was in the administration.They have not been indicted for the same reason Sharpton has not been indicted for tax evasion and and representative ( Waters ? ) from CA, not being indicted for a calling for assassination of Trump.Corruption all the way thru.

Again,trusting studies coming out of DOJ is suspect at least. The only crimes that some have been convicted of is lying to congress. Something every congress man and aid has done. The entire Mueller investigation has turned up nothing concerning it's original charter. Those agents and detectives may not be liberals,but they have to follow the orders of the guys running the dept. Like the 29 agents raiding that guy the other week , when two would have done it and the raid was leaked to CNN before it happened so they could have a camera crew there.Why was that?

Let's remember , the 2nd amendment was put in place for the explicit reason that the general populace could fight tyranny from an oppressive government,not about hunting. That fellow may have been on the far right fringe,but there are lot of them in this country since the Obama administration. . I' m not happy with this government either,but keep hoping Trump can turn it around. It saddens me to say though,I think it is too late.
saddlesore

Postby Swede » 02 16, 2019 •  [Post 26]

From the Washington Times:
"Mr. Stone has repeatedly claimed CNN was tipped off to his arrest, which captured the dramatic raid on film. He said in his legal filing the CNN film crew arrived at his South Florida home at 4:58 a.m., nearly an hour and 10 minutes before the FBI showed up.

CNN has insisted it was not tipped off, but rather pieced together an arrest was likely from their reporting. The network said that Mr. Stone’s arrest was possible because it was one day after Mr. Mueller convened a grand jury after which an arrest is typically announced.

Still, President Trump and his supporters have made similar allegations. Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker said it was “deeply concerning” that CNN may have been tipped off to the raid, but said he hadn’t seen any evidence that was the case."
This is all I know about the unsolicited question you asked.

Let me add: I doubt you have any evidence or means to support most or all of what you say. Most or all of it is totally nonsense. Please just come up with a reliable source to show real evidence Andrew McCabe was conspiring to do a coup on the president. Grocery store rags that claim Martians have impregnated a 12 year old, is not acceptable.
Swede

Postby saddlesore » 02 16, 2019 •  [Post 27]

Just keep your head in the sand. Change is coming. Deny that Waters said to assassinate the president that was on all 3 major networks.Ditto Al Sharpton. Ditto Comey testifying and admitting to congress he leaked classified info. Ditto Rice meeting with Clinton at AZ airport and all they talked about was grand kids. Ditto Obama saying you could keep your doctors and insurance. Ditto outright murder of Rancher Finicum. It sure doesn't take 29 FBI agents to arrest one person of a nonviolent crime and no risk of flight and CNN cannot be trusted with anything they report.They have proved that several times

Show me one indictment that Mueller has come up with in two years about Russia collusion.

I guess you don't put any credence to the news casts that report these things,so my statements are nonsense.

Probably don't put any credence in the Special Forces that testified to congress they were told to stand down concerning the Benghazi incident that Hillary said never happened,or Ruby Ridge murders, or Waco murders of women and children never happened either.

I guess I am through with this forum if my post are called nonsense. Checking out now.
saddlesore

Postby Swede » 02 16, 2019 •  [Post 28]

You keep writing, but offer no evidence. Please provide me a link to your sources of reference if you have any.
I lived near (less than 20 miles) the Malheur Wildlife headquarters along hwy. 205 for years. I know and have talked with government officials from the area about the takeover of the refuge headquarters. I have a neighbor that helped investigate the incident. We have discussed what happened. I have driven past the location where Finnicum was killed hundreds of times. I have had tree stands within a couple of miles of that site. Still, I was not there at the time and I don't know near enough to accuse anyone of anything, especially murder. This I am sure of. You know less of what went on there than any responsible person, that would claim murder needs to know.
Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.

I just watched a right wing "Info Wars" video of Maxine Waters where they claimed she was calling for the assignation of the President. Maxine spoke of taking him out. She was referring to impeachment, and not any violence. I have seen her on TV. She does not like Donald Trump, and wants him taken out of office. She does not like Mike Pence either, but she has not called on anyone to be violent.
Swede

Postby six » 02 16, 2019 •  [Post 29]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:

F. The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes

Let that sink in.
Elk are where you find em...
six

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Cool

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 02 16, 2019 •  [Post 30]

six wrote:
WapitiTalk1 wrote:

F. The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes

Let that sink in.

Yes sir :!: Much longer if you’re rural.
WapitiTalk1

Postby Swede » 02 16, 2019 •  [Post 31]

What are Six and RJ trying to do here? Are you two trying to get this thread back on the rails it started on? Calling 911 when you are in a life threatening situation where you are dealing with a shooter is not going to save you most of the time. You may get reinforcement, but if you do not have a gun, the first responders will likely just haul your carcass off. Just be sure you know that a life is being threatened and you know who is the threat. "Oops" is not a good follow-up.
Swede

Postby Indian Summer » 02 16, 2019 •  [Post 32]

After extensive studies it was determined that 99% of all statistics are fabricated and inaccurate used soley to support the agenda of the person or organization that published them.

Furthermore the majority, not all but certainly most, of people are more capable of self defense if they possess the proper tool for the job than if they are, well.... defenseless!

And last, it is much easier to defend your actions when you are alive than it is when you are dead or to prosecute a criminal who killed you if they are even found guilty after the lawyers are done.

Yes some people shouldn’t own guns. But more people shouldn’t own cars or have children but that’s the world we live in. I know carpenters that shouldn’t own a dang hammer! But a job is always easier if you have the proper tool and the proper tool for self defense is a concealed weapon not a cell phone. Period.

Saddlesore your posts are right on the money and I appreciate your time to type them.
Indian Summer

Postby Swede » 02 16, 2019 •  [Post 33]

Indian Summer wrote:After extensive studies it was determined that 99% of all statistics are fabricated and inaccurate used soley to support the agenda of the person or organization that published them.

I think you have just invented the ultimate oxymoron. At least you have a sense of humor. 99% of All Stats. Huh?
Swede

Postby Indian Summer » 02 17, 2019 •  [Post 34]

A survey of 1,000 people completed by an independent research company showed that my post is 103% accurate. :D
Indian Summer

Postby Indian Summer » 02 17, 2019 •  [Post 35]

This is a pie chart showing the % of probability that I am wrong Swede. As with many organizations trying to prove their point I created it myself. :lol:

C7BCD219-003B-4840-B489-591F2AFEBD00.gif
C7BCD219-003B-4840-B489-591F2AFEBD00.gif (9.59 KiB) Viewed 11516 times
Indian Summer

Postby Lefty » 02 17, 2019 •  [Post 36]

saddlesore wrote: a
I have several thousand rounds of ammo. I shoot 3-400 rounds of handgun ammo about every month.I probably have 6-7 bricks of 22 RF, 200 rounds or so of ammo for every hunting rifle I own and a few cases of 20 gauge shot gun ammo.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, have not shot anyone yet..

We had a neighborhood prepper he had bought 10,000 rounds. He was quizzing me about what I had. And why I had so little.
I told him my hunting loads vary If I get them on sale and before I shoot them I have alot,.. or not a lot if Ive been shooting
This year I bought cases of 89.00 Steel shot from Macks , 'I only plan to shoot game with the loads

Then he brought up roving gangs , and he would need to shoot long distances at a gang and use up rounds, Ok this conversation is getting weird. I told him I have no intention of firing rounds at anyone , and I wasnt a stand my ground kind of guy..
He pointed towards my cases of lead and mentioned 8 shot wasnt effective self defense load. along with my steel #3 and BB. Anyway,.. that kind of prepper scares me.

some people dont understand hunters, those that sport shoot,.. And I sure dont get preppers
Lefty

Postby Fridaythe13th » 02 17, 2019 •  [Post 37]

I like the bumper sticker that reads " keep honking I'm reloading"
Fridaythe13th

First Name: Eric
Last Name: S

Postby Tigger » 02 18, 2019 •  [Post 38]

Let's make sure we stay focused on the issues and not attack each other. I just caught up on this thread and it was starting to go off the rails. Until Joe's Pie chart. That got us back where we need to be! I saw another one similar to his pie chart that had the vast majority a green shade and was labeled "Yes". The little sliver of red? That was labeled "Yes -In red"!

Personally, I agree with most of what Saddlesore says. Except the Finicum thing. That guy was an idiot criminal with a death wish. I watched the video about half a dozen times. He wanted to get shot and kept reaching into his jacket trying to pull something out. He could have EASILY complied with the commands but made a choice not to. That whole Bundy/Mahheur thing really is really a farce. They are criminals stealing from the government pure and simple. Don't interpret that to mean that the government did everything right, certainly not, but if the government goofs something up, that doesn't make the ranchers right!

I think the best gunfight rule is simply this: Try and avoid if at all possible to ever get in a gunfight as you just don't know how it will turn out.
Tigger

Postby >>>---WW----> » 02 19, 2019 •  [Post 39]

Amen Tigger! What started out to be something I thought would be interesting and full of funny quotes has turned into a pissing match .
>>>---WW---->