Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Pheromones

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Pheromones

Postby Swede » 03 29, 2019 •  [Post 1]

Bulls are attracted to cows in heat because the cows secrete a pheromone. What do you think? Would pheromones sprayed on a cow decoy be deadly? How could a hunter get these pheromones to spray on the decoy?
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Pheromones

Postby Lefty » 03 30, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Swede there are just too many openings for some great comic relief> :lol: And you did post in the campfire
What do you think?
About cows in heat? about bulls being attracted to cows? Is Pluto really a planet or some cartoon character? :?

Would pheromones sprayed on a cow decoy be deadly?
That an opened question :P
So one answer: If you were in the back of a speeding pickup and the road ends at the edge of a cliff, and the sprayed decoy was covering your eyes, and you didnt turn ,.. yep that could be deadly.

Ok Im not that funny so a serious answer:

Some fellows use pheromones on full body deer decoys. Our vet collects from studs by putting a mare in heat upwind,.. no even in sight.
I would think collecting would be done the same as with whitetails on farms ,.. or scrape hot urine off the ground. Some collect over grated catch pans , and this farm doe it this wayhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1ZD-Uhz_Ws
We all know males do crazy things when there is a female in heat. doesnt matter the mammal.
I do wonder how a bull would react up close on a 2-D decoy. Bucks will mount 3 D decoys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glsGPjgTIiw
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 03 30, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Lefty, just type in "unscented pheromones" and check the internet. They have them for straight, gay, men and women. I was thinking about the one for women looking to attract a bull I mean a man. I see it listed for under $15 a small bottle.
Swede

Postby Lefty » 04 01, 2019 •  [Post 4]

Swede wrote:,... I was thinking about the one for women looking to attract a bull I mean a man. I see it listed for under $15 a small bottle.

I have some stuff just $99 a bottle,.. for you $79.00 Women cant stay away
Lefty

Postby Swede » 04 01, 2019 •  [Post 5]

Lefty I will send you a PM as soon as I need another woman. :lol: For now I would just like to attract a big bull that believes there is a lady in his future.
Swede

Postby Lefty » 04 01, 2019 •  [Post 6]

Limited time offer :lol:
I know it works on a wife :D too Sale end tomorrow!

An acquaintance uses uses doe-in-heat and full sized whitetail decoys during the hottest part of the whitetail rut. I use to make trapping baits and lures, some "stuff" does work better than others
Lefty