Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Oregon Game Tags

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Oregon Game Tags

Postby Swede » 04 15, 2019 •  [Post 1]

I bought an Oregon bear tag and cougar tag awhile back. What I received were sheets of paper from off a copy machine. One said "Cougar Tag" and the other was "Bear Tag". Both had my hunter information. They were printed on just plain old copy machine paper. I was told to put them in plastic sandwich bags to keep them dry. Apparently Oregon wants folks to gravitate to electronic tagging and reporting, but I don't have a smart phone, so that has to wait until I get home from my hunt.
What do you guys think of copy machine paper tags?
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Oregon Game Tags

Postby Lefty » 04 16, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Photo copy more, So if you have 27 copies you could kill 28 bears,.. right Make 10 copies of the cougar tag,.. then you could kill 11 cougar. Seems like a win win for paper people :lol:

The electronic stuff ifs pretty slick. Had a fellow who didnt have a duck stamp,.bought it at 6Am in the field.A real one was mailed to him

Know of another instances a guy "forgot" to buy his new years tags. Bought them in the truck driving down the road to hunt
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: Oregon Game Tags

Postby Swede » 04 16, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Lefty, No doubt that will happen. I would think they could do a lot better. I suspect the State will keep track of some things, and the game cops will have a hay day. Probably they will get writers cramps. :lol:
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics