Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

The Last Meal

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

The Last Meal

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 15, 2019 •  [Post 1]

I know all the contributing members here are decent, God fearing folks. By some sick quirk of fate you’ve been accused, tried, and sentenced for whatever crime that shortens your existence considerably. NOW, you have the request of that last, fateful meal of choice....what would it be? Sick, morbid perhaps.., but just a check on what your request would be ;).
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: The Last Meal

Postby Swede » 04 15, 2019 •  [Post 2]

I really don't care much what the food would be. I would like it with close family if possible. I will want to share again how much I love them and hope to see them on the other side of that dark passage.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 15, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Nice.....
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby wawhitey » 04 15, 2019 •  [Post 4]

Surf n turf time. A steelhead fillet and some venison tenderloin on the grill, with a big pile of roasted brussel sprouts and butternut squash, and wild rice with black beans, shrooms and sauteed mustard greens. I think that ought to do just fine.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Swede » 04 16, 2019 •  [Post 5]

wawhitey wrote:Surf n turf time. A steelhead fillet and some venison tenderloin on the grill, with a big pile of roasted brussel sprouts and butternut squash, and wild rice with black beans, shrooms and sauteed mustard greens. I think that ought to do just fine.

YUCK! That stuff is not very healthy. You need to cut back and only have one item per meal in small portions. Since you are a little preoccupied and confined, I will let the cook know what you really need.
Here is the menu for your last meal: Brussel sprouts with very little butter, whole pinto beans well cooked, rice, a large bowl of salad and light on the dressing, and a glass of skim milk. You don't want your bones getting brittle. Remember chew your food slowly so you will feel full and not eat too much. Remember you have an important engagement tonight at 8:00.
Swede

Postby Lefty » 04 16, 2019 •  [Post 6]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:I know all the contributing members here are decent, God fearing folks. By some sick quirk of fate you’ve been accused, tried, and sentenced for whatever crime that shortens your existence considerably. NOW, you have the request of that last, fateful meal of choice....what would it be? Sick, morbid perhaps.., but just a check on what your request would be ;).

Maybe even more scary I was thinking of posting the same question this week! What did we see or hear to put us on such a track

An over marbled, 1 1/4 inch" dry-aged rib-eye(T-bone or porterhouse would be fine too) beef steak, from a porky 1000 lb steer. Corn and apple fed: hot/rare just past blue, fat flame seared. Ive eaten enough game I want fat beef
30 degree Top-of-the-bulk tank milk %5 or more milk fat.
Mashed potatoes ( salt butter , cream cheese, chive with minced garlic and onion with sides of sour cream, salted butter and turkey fat gravy cooked with the giblets.
Good corn on the cob. dipped in butter
and a few mixed veggies

Quality Vanilla ice cream ,.. raspberry blackberry/marion berry pie and fresh whipped cream
but maybe more important , be eating with family

Maybe a piece of sea caught king salmon lightly smoked gut meat and crawdad tails too,.. maybe
Even my dog is drooling as I type this,
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Lefty » 04 16, 2019 •  [Post 7]

wawhitey wrote:Surf n turf time. A steelhead fillet and some venison tenderloin on the grill, with a big pile of roasted brussel sprouts and butternut squash, and wild rice with black beans, shrooms and sauteed mustard greens. I think that ought to do just fine.

I could add a small pile of brussle spouts, butter and brownsugar squash sounds good too. I hadnt thought of the wild rice and (morel) mushroom,.. that could be added also
Lefty

Postby Swede » 04 16, 2019 •  [Post 8]

Lefty: What are you thinking? You will be meeting the Lord, due to that meal, before the executioner gets to earn her paycheck. You want to meet Jesus in the best condition you can. You are getting the same meal as Whitey. The nice part is that I can just write 2X on Whitey's dinner order form. Which one of you two gets the bill? Remember a fair tip for me is 15%+ now. :D
Swede

Postby Swede » 04 16, 2019 •  [Post 9]

BTW: Do you two jail birds want me to give the eulogy or sing a hymn at your funeral? I don't get to sing in our church choir so singing for you would be really special.
I can give a sample of a great eulogy for the two of you: "Whitey was a rounder and a sailor. He liked to kill animals. Apparently he forgot to limit his shooting to critters he had a tag for. He was an opinionated critter for sure, but as bad as he was, Whitey was a saint compared to Lefty." End of eulogy for two characters.
Swede

Postby Lefty » 04 16, 2019 •  [Post 10]

Swede wrote:Lefty: What are you thinking? You will be meeting the Lord, due to that meal, before the executioner gets to earn her paycheck.

You already said it was the last meal,.. Yep lots of fat way too much cholesterol

Deuteronomy 28:51
51 And he shall eat the fruit of thy cattle, and the fruit of thy land, until thou be destroyed: which also shall not leave thee either corn,,,,,,,,,,,,, until he have destroyed thee. :lol: Might be shortly destroyed

Leviticus 22
7 ,,, eat of the holy things; because it is his food

In judges25 ,,,,, and she gave him milk; she brought forth butter in a lordly dish.
Lefty

Postby Lefty » 04 16, 2019 •  [Post 11]

Swede even if you cant sing there is hope

Psalm 100:22 Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

The neigbor kid only scripture he had memorized at one time He would quotwe when he was late or skipped church
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Boss: its Swedes Fault he made me do it.
Lefty

Postby Swede » 04 16, 2019 •  [Post 12]

I figured you would want me to sing "Put your shoulder to the wheel".
Swede

Postby Lefty » 04 16, 2019 •  [Post 13]

Im like my father-in- law. Battle hymn of the Republic
Lets get this back on track.
The Last Meal
Lefty

Postby Swede » 04 16, 2019 •  [Post 14]

A lady from a church, not mine, asked her favorite soloist to sing "Jingle Bells" at her husbands funeral. The singer scratched his hair, but thought maybe it really meant something special to her and her deceased husband. He sang the song as respectfully as he could. Many people wondered at the service what it was all about. Nobody sings Jingle Bells at a funeral they reasoned. After the service the wife of the deceased said she really wanted "When they ring those golden bells".
I don't know if I have a funeral favorite, but it wouldn't be the Battle Hymn or one about crossing the River Jordan. Maybe they will sing "My Jesus, I love thee".
Swede

Postby Fridaythe13th » 04 17, 2019 •  [Post 15]

Big prime rib I mean "BIG" and maybe a piece of apple pie and ice cream. If that didnt fill me up home made buns with lots of butter.
Fridaythe13th

First Name: Eric
Last Name: S

Postby >>>---WW----> » 04 17, 2019 •  [Post 16]

How morbid! Not quite the subject matter I'd expect to find on an elk site. If I knew I was going to be executed at midnite, I think a last meal would be the last thing on my mind.
>>>---WW---->

Postby Tigger » 04 17, 2019 •  [Post 17]

Major conundrum. I love my wife's cooking, but no way could I make her cook my last meal.

I would have a bunch of my favorites, enchiladas, lasagna, steak, all kinds of seafood, spaghetti, tons of deserts. Oh yeah, I would break the bank!
Tigger

Postby Lefty » 04 17, 2019 •  [Post 18]

Tigger wrote:Major conundrum. I love my wife's cooking, but no way could I make her cook my last meal.

I would have a bunch of my favorites, enchiladas, lasagna, steak, all kinds of seafood, spaghetti, tons of deserts. Oh yeah, I would break the bank!

Unless you fly a chef in I dont see any of our meals breaking the bank unless we invite the whole town
Lefty