Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

4-Pack of Canadian Wolves Air Dropped in Nat Park.....

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

4-Pack of Canadian Wolves Air Dropped in Nat Park.....

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 25, 2019 •  [Post 1]

To "restore" wolf populations and to help control moose population.... Just brilliant :roll:

https://www.foxnews.com/science/4-canadian-wolves-captured-air-dropped-in-us-national-park-to-help-restore-population
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: 4-Pack of Canadian Wolves Air Dropped in Nat Park.....

Postby Swede » 04 25, 2019 •  [Post 2]

I would not mind them importing the Canadian wolves into the park if they would just amputate the front or hind legs of the wild dogs. That would be to help keep them in the park. I'm a wolf fan if they stay where they are supposed to be. :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Lefty » 04 25, 2019 •  [Post 3]

I wish more National Parks would do what Utah was dong on Antelope Island, Start a trophy hunt with one to the highest bidder

I was on IR when the wolf population was in the 50's (1978 and 83?) heard the wolves every night. The wolfs that didn't leave died off from inbreeding. Wonder how that sits with the wolf freaks The wolves really were hard on the beaver population

Im sure a few hunters wold be willing to shoot a few moose at 30-$50,000 each

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc5RngWRhtU
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Indian Summer » 04 26, 2019 •  [Post 4]

Someone needs to hurry up and exterminate those 4 before they become 40 and then 400! Laws or no laws if I lived there I’d whack those bastards before they became wary of humans are hard to hunt.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Lefty » 04 26, 2019 •  [Post 5]

Indian Summer wrote:Someone needs to hurry up and exterminate those 4 before they become 40 and then 400! Laws or no laws if I lived there I’d whack those bastards before they became wary of humans are hard to hunt.

I would be all good if they dropped only males

But come on That Island has cycled for thousands of years wolves , no wolves,.. why cant nature have its way!
The selective choices putting one species in front of another is so hypocritical.
Lefty

Postby Lefty » 05 20, 2019 •  [Post 6]

When we went through Cascades National Parks there was big talk about "returning grizzlies" to the Park. I had a real serious talk with one of the park employees who was part of the pre-proposal.
I started by asking what the purpose was for the introduction. I didnt change his mind. But my challenge to him( them) to sleep in grizzle country just for a few nights I believe was a bit awakening. And that there were other considerations.
Generally a small and poor grizzle food base. Snow covers with 30 feet of snow Limited area for expansion. Limited populations and inbreeding creating an unviable population on purpose was reckless and horrible for the species. Spring and fall grizzlies would not survive in the park.
I tossed out that an expanded population, Removed from the endangered species list more grizzlie-human encounters would equate in more individual grizzle bear deaths And grizzles are killed regularly in in Yellowstone and Glacier.
And why in the world would he put visitors at an even higher risk of death; With fewer park visitors Cascade .. he would loose his job

I clean this up: but he had a WTH moment and could move back to San Jose
Morons! I hate it when freaks get involved
Lefty