Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

The Happiest Person I Know

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

The Happiest Person I Know

Postby Swede » 05 30, 2019 •  [Post 1]

In this age of anger and division, I may be the happiest person around. If I get gloomy it is very brief. Mind you, I don't think of myself as a narcissist, but may be a kin of Pollyanna. But I have good reason to be happy. I live in the greatest country in the world in a time when most are well fed, and we have the resources to ensure no one is cold or hungry. I have a warm dry home and a wonderful wife. She even laughs at some of my joking around. Mind you not every thing I say or do goes over well, but she endures with a smile, even if she shakes her head. My children and grandchildren are doing very well. I know Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I know I will spend eternity in His presence. What could I really be upset about?
Do you know anyone as happy as me?
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: The Happiest Person I Know

Postby Tigger » 05 31, 2019 •  [Post 2]

I might give you a run for your money! I can add that I live in a great community with a great network of friends and family to raise our kids. My family has good health. Right now I am at that stage where my kids are learning some very cool things....my 11 year old sons went out fishing in their little 14 foot boat yesterday, caught some fish, came home and cleaned them! I didn't have to do anything (they even cleaned up!). Pretty cool watching those "firsts". Life is good!
Tigger

Postby >>>---WW----> » 05 31, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Gee! I thought you were talking about me Swede. Life is good .
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Elkhntr08 » 05 31, 2019 •  [Post 4]

I can give ya a run for the Happiest. With this retirement thing, life is pretty darn good and getting better.
Elkhntr08

Postby Swede » 05 31, 2019 •  [Post 5]

Good for you guys. I am pleased that I am not alone. One of my favorite pomes is short, but a delight.
"The world is so full of a number of things I am sure we all should be as happy as kings." Robert Lewis Stevenson
Swede

Postby Lefty » 05 31, 2019 •  [Post 6]

Swede wrote:In this age of anger and division, I may be the happiest person around. If I get gloomy it is very brief. Mind you, I don't think of myself as a narcissist, but may be a kin of Pollyanna. But I have good reason to be happy. I live in the greatest country in the world in a time when most are well fed, and we have the resources to ensure no one is cold or hungry. I have a warm dry home and a wonderful wife. She even laughs at some of my joking around. Mind you not every thing I say or do goes over well, but she endures with a smile, even if she shakes her head. My children and grandchildren are doing very well. I know Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I know I will spend eternity in His presence. What could I really be upset about?
Do you know anyone as happy as me?

I know you haven't cornered the market on happiness. Many have the same sound examples as you.

Of all the students Ive ever taught percentage wise special needs kids seemed the happiest.
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 05 31, 2019 •  [Post 7]

I am going to get you for that Lefty. :D
Swede

Postby Lefty » 06 01, 2019 •  [Post 8]

I ment that in as a true matter of fact,,,,,,,,,

But is it fitting :lol: in yours( maybe ours) situation too!!!!
Lefty

Postby Swede » 06 01, 2019 •  [Post 9]

I had ADHD long before it was treated with a pill. It used to be called "ants in the pants."
Back in the old days I got sent to the principle's office or was entertained by the board of education. I still remember the principle asking; "John, why are you back this time?" I do not remember if that was the instance where I had missed my turn on the swings and decided to stay out after recess was over, or if it was the time I was flying paper airplanes when the teacher stepped out for a few minutes. It could have been some other situation that demonstrated I had some serious character flaws. Anyway I was happy then and still am.
Maybe the pill works better. From experience I can testify that spankings, being left in the principle's office and even getting kicked out of school was a waste of time and effort on the school's part. They knew they had to try something, and I knew it too.
Swede

Postby Lefty » 06 02, 2019 •  [Post 10]

The whole ADHD thing is just part of boys growing up A big percentage of them are left-handed and a big percentage become millionaires . The whole ADHD thing is just part of growing up and living a life .

Unfortunately many of those that went into education where the "sit down and listen to me" personality type . My wife could sit down and listen to somebody or read it and then know the info.

There is a real reason why hands-on learning ( activity based)is so effective with so much of the population And often those are the ones with ADHD and that is not the way teachers were been taught To teach.
Lefty

Postby Swede » 06 02, 2019 •  [Post 11]

I suspect a lot of what is referred to now was just boredom back in the day.
Swede

Postby Lefty » 06 02, 2019 •  [Post 12]

Swede wrote:I suspect a lot of what is referred to now was just boredom back in the day.

Being lectured at can be very boring.

The truth. I quit hunting with my dad because it was all stand hunting, I found time passed slowly

Now time passes by just fine,.. I fine see and watch things that make sitting a wonderful pass time
Lefty