Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

What Would You Do Differently?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

What Would You Do Differently?

Postby Swede » 06 09, 2019 •  [Post 1]

If money was no problem and you had plenty of time (kinda like Lefty) to be in the outdoors; what would you do differently as far as hunting is concerned?
Maybe I would go on one of the better elk or moose hunts. Maybe I would do both. Maybe Lefty will invite me along to carry his gun when he goes on one of these upscale hunts. Note to Lefty, I don't eat much, but I like something better than hamburgers all the time.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: What Would You Do Differently?

Postby saddlesore » 06 09, 2019 •  [Post 2]

I would have booked an Alaskan moose hunt and a Dall or Stone sheep hunt when I was younger. Right now at my age, money wouldn't matter. I am just darn glad I can still go elk hunting.
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Re: What Would You Do Differently?

Postby Lefty » 06 10, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Swedes gotta know my retirement of $1080 a month places us on hot dogs and what ever we kill for groceries. But Im a decent cook so we could still eat tasty food. And once I start collecting SS and pay for meds it may be cheap hotdogs. :lol:

My bodies falling apart so I would like a few of these hunts be guided.
I would love to go to Africa with my Father in law. He served a two year church mission in the south and east of Africa. A croc and hippo along with all the other game ,.. I dont need an elephant.
If I was still in decent shape almost any hunts with Tim Wells!! :lol: :oops: Use to be my kind of stupid fun
Still dreaming I would be busy traveling with my wife,.. Summer runs of Alaskan salmon deer bear caribou.Archery Black bear over bait in the Canadian Providences, Whitetail
Russian elk and Brown bear
Argentina ducks and doves
New Zealand stag
Hunt a different CWMU in Utah yearly

Really with all our money I hope to get on a good ground squirrel shoot in Idaho
Sage grouse hunts in Wyoming
Use some of those Wyoming points on a buck antelope with my buddy and his dad from Washington.
Ice fishing on a North Dakota lake.
Spring black Crappie fishing in Minnesota
Spring snow goose shoot in SD
Canadian field duck and goose

These I can only dream about
Nevada lion hunt
three bull season
Hunt pheasants with a dog in our old stomping grounds. Maybe run a snare line with Mark just enough to get sore and tired from the work
Lake trap muskrats in MN or SD
Big Catfish on the Red river of the North
Hunt tree squirrels (greys and fox)
Well really the ability to run individual trap lines for fox, beaver and mink.
Alaskan and East coast seaducks
Iceland goose shoot
A Texas helicopter pig shoot
Did I say Russian brown bear and elk 8-)
And just to do it again, one of those totally crazy jackrabbit shoots

Years back I had a student when the fish were running he would fly up to Alaska,.. fish for a day and 1/2 and come back.

For me the ultimate,.. Fly out from home: hunt 2-5 days and come back,.. then do it all over again

Good thing my ADHD didnt kick in :D
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H