Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Longtime member missing in action

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Longtime member missing in action

Postby Elkduds » 06 16, 2019 •  [Post 1]

Anyone heard from member Big Red (not the same as Big Red member) this summer? I think his initials are S.S. Loud guy w a sunburn, might be turning 50 this year :?: Post a recent pic if you've seen him out and about.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Re: Longtime member missing in action

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 17, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Ya, she's around....actually turned 50 last year (2018). She's a bit PO'ed though as her "keeper" has not hardly had her out in the past few months. She hasn't been to a single car show this year. It seems her owner/keeper has had a rough spring/early summer (bizarre health issues including a deep muscle pull with a side order of sciatica in right leg, and, he's pending an early July surgery as his sinus's are badly blocked on one side after a month of antibiotics didn't help). I know Big Red and live close to her; I'll pass along that you checked up on the old gal ;)
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 06 17, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Big Red was seen out on the street smoking and hanging out with some tough VW buses. Now she wants to be a brush ape and go hunting in Idaho.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Lefty » 06 17, 2019 •  [Post 4]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:,,,,, (bizarre health issues ,,,,,,,)

I never thought this heath stuff was such an issue .
But in some ways focus changes,.. and what is really important rises to the top, and some friends, toys and activities sink a bit on the list.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Elkduds » 06 17, 2019 •  [Post 5]

Geez, I didn't realize Big Red was a lady of the female persuasion. Rory, I'll join the rest of this cabal in rooting for a swift and strong recovery from whatever ails you.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby Swede » 06 17, 2019 •  [Post 6]

Never mind Big Red, I just hope RJ is out and a real menace to the elk population in Idaho by September. I feel confident the elk are looking forward to seeing and hearing you again.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Tigger » 06 18, 2019 •  [Post 7]

There is a rumor circulating among the mountains that a small elk herd in Idaho is claiming responsibility for causing RJ's ailments. To which RJ reportedly said, "Game on!!!".
Tigger