Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Youth Outdoor Activity Day

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Youth Outdoor Activity Day

Postby Tigger » 08 14, 2019 •  [Post 1]

I thought I would throw this out there for anyone that will be in Minnesota on Sunday, August 25th. From 10-4 at the Alexandria MN Shooting Park we will host our 6th Youth Outdoor Activity Day. We will give every kid a tee shirt, everyone lunch and ice cream and give away about 5,000 pieces of sporting equipment like binoculars, BB guns, Bows and arrows, butterfly nets, bike helmets, fishing rods and reels, etc. One of our rules is there is now way for any attendee to spend a dollar. We do not even accept donations that day. We will have over 40 activities for kids to do including trap shooting, archery, muzzleloader shooting, crossbow shooting, BB guns shooting, bowfishing, bird feeder building, mountain biking, rock climbing, ATV rides, actually handling fish, salamanders, frogs, turtles, etc, fire building, and much more. For a look at last year's event, look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WsN8x-znCQ&t=5s
Tigger

Re: Youth Outdoor Activity Day

Postby Swede » 08 14, 2019 •  [Post 2]

I would come to the youth activity, but will be packing and prepping to leave for hunting camp on Monday. I doubt the Minnesota kids would know what to do with one in his 70s. The ice cream sounds good, but don't send me any in the mail. :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Youth Outdoor Activity Day

Postby Lefty » 08 15, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Swede wrote:the Minnesota kids would know what to do with one ,,,,,,,, The ice cream sounds good,,,,,,,,,D

I f you showed Swede I would give the kids some suggestions

There needs to be more of those activities for kids
While teaching most years there were plenty of kids that needed a gentle push in the direction of the out doors
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H