Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Ruined for life

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Ruined for life

Postby Lefty » 08 25, 2019 •  [Post 1]

Well my daughter’s boyfriend had gotten his archery certification and archery elk hunted with us the last days of the season last year. I put him in front of a bugling bull and later my daughter got them in the middle of a herd,,… with 6 ative bulls under 100 yards and many at 20-60 yards. He enjoyed those experiences.
He was a fairly well trained marksman from summer shooting camps as a kid. But hadn’t hunted In October His first 8 geese he killed with 9 shots,. And successfully took a nice buck and a pile of ducks and pheasant with my daughter.
Muzzle loader season I got him into a herd of 350 two different days.
I didn’t encourage him too much ,.. but before season scout trip he showed up with lots of new elk gear including cameras we set out yesterday .
He was excited enough with the elk beds, the wallow , tons of videos and new gear but this morning he got pics sent to him ,.. And even worse he now want to be a tree Stand hunter

he had dozens of better trailcams. More cow more bull more elk, a nice 4x4 mule deer , and a little ( real little) cinnamon bear yesterday just 180 yards away. but he wont sleep the rest of the week

I butchered up the trail cam pic, I hope! Pm if I didnt get rid of identifying info on the pic
He was notified at 7:19 this morning,. And he got it to me moments later

h wallow.jpeg
h wallow.jpeg (60.91 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: Ruined for life

Postby 7mmfan » 08 26, 2019 •  [Post 2]

The constant updates would ruin me too. I'd spend far more time looking at that than working.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Re: Ruined for life

Postby Lefty » 08 26, 2019 •  [Post 3]

He has had lots of success and elk interactions the short amount of hunting
But I think he also understand how rare his experiences are compared with most hunters

For some reason he didn’t get any notifications after yesterday at 4:00
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H