Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Panic

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Panic

Postby Elkhntr08 » 08 27, 2019 •  [Post 1]

Anybody else get that feeling of panic, despair or worry as the time grows closer?
I went out a bought 2 more diaphragms today, even though I got a pocketful of them.
I’ve packed and repacked a half a dozen times. I’ve got lists of everything packed.
About ready to take up drinking again.
Elkhntr08

Re: Panic

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 27, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Ha, I feel ya dog ;). A little over two weeks before I hit the elk woods; sleep isn’t coming easy. Have most everything ready to go but still have some prep work to do. Tic, tock, it’s getting closer.....
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby RobinHood » 08 28, 2019 •  [Post 3]

I know that feeling! :o One week from today i'll be on my way to camp. Keep checking things off the list but never feel like the light at the end of the tunnel isn't an oncoming train. It'll all come together about next Tuesday afternoon and I'll wonder why I ever doubted myself, but until then........ :roll:
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it." Yogi Berra
RobinHood

Postby saddlesore » 08 28, 2019 •  [Post 4]

I'm leaving tomorrow to do some trail clearing and water flow improvement at a spring. I hope by this time Saturday morning, I am packing Luke's elk out.

Just precursor trip for my ML hunt that starts 14 September to get the kinks and cob webs out
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Fridaythe13th » 08 28, 2019 •  [Post 5]

I dont need a calendar to know it's getting close. My wife is getting crabbier every day. LOL. I spent the night in the garage putting up a tent to stay out of her way. Lol. 2 weeks tomorrow we leave
Fridaythe13th

First Name: Eric
Last Name: S

Postby Lefty » 08 29, 2019 •  [Post 6]

The past three mornings I’ve awoke to myself dreamin’ and
Tomarrow morning we’re putting the boots on and headed up the hill

And I’ll sleep good tonight
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Elkhntr08 » 09 02, 2019 •  [Post 7]

I knew it! I always try to be so careful a couple weeks before season.
Wife has been cleaning out her jewelry boxes and sold one today. The folks care to get it and as I was helping the guy move it, I pushed on it causing it to pivot, smashing fingers and nails on my right hand. All this after I told him to be careful because it pivots!
Now my middle and ring fingers are banged up. Luckily, I have 2 weeks to “recover”.
Elkhntr08

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 09 02, 2019 •  [Post 8]

Elkhntr08 wrote:I knew it! I always try to be so careful a couple weeks before season.
Wife has been cleaning out her jewelry boxes and sold one today. The folks care to get it and as I was helping the guy move it, I pushed on it causing it to pivot, smashing fingers and nails on my right hand. All this after I told him to be careful because it pivots!
Now my middle and ring fingers are banged up. Luckily, I have 2 weeks to “recover”.

Holy he!!. That stinks but you're a young guy, you'll be right at rain come your hunt time (even if you're not 100%, I imagine you're gonna hit it hard anyway ;) ..). Good luck mister on your hunt mister!
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ