Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Arrowheads

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Arrowheads

Postby GoGriz1234 » 10 19, 2019 •  [Post 1]

So in a round about way this is hunting related. My grandfather grew up in Arkansas as a kid and found all of the arrowheads in the photo below. Can anyone tell me anything about these? We have had them for 20 years now, but I don’t know much more about them other than they are from Arkansas.
Attachments
0E5F56F6-03CC-4ACD-928B-EEA75A16EBA5.jpeg
0E5F56F6-03CC-4ACD-928B-EEA75A16EBA5.jpeg (144.5 KiB) Viewed 1416 times
GoGriz1234

First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Marshall

Re: Arrowheads

Postby Swede » 10 20, 2019 •  [Post 2]

I can't tell you anything in particular about the arrowheads, but they make for a nice collection.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 10 20, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Just the history behind that collection is way beyond awesome (your gramps found em all; who made each one and what they were used for back in the day). Very, very nice collection.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Lefty » 10 20, 2019 •  [Post 4]

Hopefully gramps gave you more background info

My father in law collect and found lots of nice points and spear points,.. some from when he was a kid in Northern Utah and southern Idaho Interesting many were found on a high elevation spring in a wooded thicket. He suspected it was a camp and hunting location

My daughter was doing plant surveys for BLM and found dozens of locations that had chips.

On a BSA outing we climbed this butte. My dog and I chose a bad route My dog refused to go higher. We sat down. I think I took this picture first then at my feet were hundreds of obsidian chips .
Maybe more questions and speculation than anything.
First this was in the desert,.. water on the opposite side of the butte. And no obsidian on the butte.
If I remember this was 1800 feet above the desert floor. And no practical way to go higher in this area

Holly on Big Butte.jpg
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H