Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

December 2019 Photo of the Month Contest

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

December 2019 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 02, 2019 •  [Post 1]

The December 2019 Photo Theme is – "Old Reliable”. Let’s see a picture relating to a gear item (any type of outdoor gear) that has served you well.

1. One photo submission allowed per month, per member (yep, MODs may enter a photo also).
2. Photo must relate to the monthly theme (or risk being disqualified).
3. Do not use photo editing software to enhance your photo. Just post the photo as it was taken with your camera, smart phone, trail cam, etc. You may have to resize some photos so they are accepted by the forum software; remember, photos can only be 800X600 pixels "MAX" for our forum.
4. You may use older photos you have on hand, but, do not submit a photo that has won a previous WT photo contest.
5. Any WT member may enter a photo they have taken or star in.
6. Judging – WT members will vote on monthly photo submissions.
7. Contest period will normally end the last day of the month.
8. Winner must contact WapitiTalk1 via PM and provide mailing address for prize (your prize may be sent directly from a WT sponsor or from RJ).
9. Prizes will vary from month to month.
10. All monthly winners will be automatically entered into the "photo of the year" contest.

The prize for the December contest is (to be determined).
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: December 2019 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby Indian Summer » 12 09, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Last minute switch. I thought Swede would prefer this one. My Lookout Deluxe ladder stand in action. I love it. I own two of them. I can sit from sunup to sundown in it.
Attachments
B31DECF3-AA51-4A6A-A490-EFF4C45624F5.jpeg
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Tigger » 12 11, 2019 •  [Post 3]

"It’s seen a lot of bulls from me and my partners hit the ground that’s for sure." - Indian Summer

Huh, I didn't have you figured for a guy who hunted within site of the tent. :?: :?
Tigger

Postby Tigger » 12 11, 2019 •  [Post 4]

My Beretta 390 12 ga was a gift from my wife in 1996. Since then, it has seen over 10,000 rounds and I use it for everything...ducks, geese, grouse, pheasants, deer, trap, turke….well I suck as a turkey hunter so it hasn't actually got a chance to be used on turkeys. But someday I might luck out. It feels like part of my arms and I am continually amazed that when a wily old ringneck gets up, the safety magically is taken off, I shoot, and the safety goes back on. I never remember taking that safety off or putting it on. But it always happens.

MN Public Land Rooster resized.jpg
MN Public Land Rooster resized.jpg (364.55 KiB) Viewed 2488 times
Tigger

Postby 7mmfan » 12 12, 2019 •  [Post 5]

Technically, a good bird dog is the most valuable outdoor gear item we can have right??? :D The gun does the shooting, but the dog does all the hard work. Here is a photo of my old retired lab Chloe. This isn't the best picture, but the memories are of the fondest kind. The temperature that morning hovered at about 8 degrees before the sun came up and rose to a balmy 15 after. She retrieved 3 limits of greenheads, off a side channel of the main river. It was the only water unfrozen in the area, and the birds knew it. She stood proud on the bow of the boat for the return trip to the launch, iced up and all.

Anyone who has hunted labs, knows that under that ice, is a furnace that doesn't quit. A guy at the launch chastised me for her condition until I told him to run his fingers through her fur. She was as happy as a pig in $#!%&@
Attachments
2013-12-07 08.59.09 (2).jpg
2013-12-07 08.59.09 (2).jpg (221.4 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Indian Summer » 12 15, 2019 •  [Post 6]

Dog pictures... we should make that the theme one month.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby 7mmfan » 12 15, 2019 •  [Post 7]

I agree, would be a fun thread.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 15, 2019 •  [Post 8]

Will do guys. And, if anybody has any other suggestions for the monthly photo contest, let me know.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Double Reliable

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 12 18, 2019 •  [Post 9]

One's a piece of gear, made in 1939 by ye olde Winchester and handed down from great grandpa to yours truly. It spits 168 grains of copper at nearly 3k fps, and is an extension of my arms.
The other is Grandpa, a Marine corp veteran, deadly rifleman and pistol shot. He's taught me to shoot quick, cause he won't wait around, showed me all the tracking and timber tricks he knows, and generally been my best friend in the mountains. Here's hoping I can hunt a couple more times with him before the elk mountains just get too big for his back and hips!
IMG_0286.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG (180.49 KiB) Viewed 2440 times
Trumkin the Dwarf

First Name: Malachi
Last Name: C