Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Superbowl Snacks!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Superbowl Snacks!

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 01 29, 2020 •  [Post 1]

For those of you who will be whipping up some snackage for the big game on Sunday, what's on the menu? I'll be simmering a batch of elk chili, to be served with a big ol' pan of honey cornbread. We're also gonna make a nice hot batch of cheese, bean Queso to dunk some random tortilla chips and veggie slices in.

What about you other "big game" watchers? Whatcha gonna snack on?
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Superbowl Snacks!

Postby Swede » 01 29, 2020 •  [Post 2]

I can hardly wait. BTW: Who is playing?
Actually I expect to be in church sharing information about the minor prophets during much of the game. It will be on Zechariah chapter 13 in particular. When I get home about 8:00 PM, my wife and I will have a bowl of cold cereal, a little fruit and a slice of toast. I hope dinner is exactly the same as it was last week. Then we will talk about Zechariah and the class. Good times for us.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Tigger » 01 30, 2020 •  [Post 3]

Swede, San Francisco and Kansas City are playing.

We are having our annual party again. We expect upwards of 6 people and will be doing a taco bar with elk and antelope hamburger. If I have the time, I might throw some whitetail and pheasant jerky in the smoker. It is a great time with our friends and there will be plenty of hunting talk as most of my group that elk hunts will be there.
Tigger

Postby Swede » 01 30, 2020 •  [Post 4]

Tigger wrote:Swede, San Francisco and Kansas City are playing.
:lol: I know. I just don't care.
Tell the advertisers to forget it. Swede is not paying attention. Tell the players to be careful, and be kind to one another. Take it easy. Everyone can have a chance to fumble the ball.
Swede

Postby wawhitey » 01 30, 2020 •  [Post 5]

Superbowl? Whats that? Ill probably be hunting the wily mountain coyote that day. And there will be plenty of fumbles involved im sure, if my last several attempts are any indication. My snacks will likely be humble pie and maybe a big bowl of boiled houndstongue burr soup after i spend an hour removing a few pounds of the evil little velcro balls from my clothing.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 01 30, 2020 •  [Post 6]

It should be a good SB this year. It’s good because the Cheatriots aren’t in it :D
WapitiTalk1

Postby Lefty » 02 02, 2020 •  [Post 7]

While I do know who is playing, I really don’t care about most professional sports
For the first part of the game I was snacking on apples and goose jerky driving on lakeshore drive along lake Meade National Recreational Area

156442AC-106E-46EA-85E9-CC574936B3E6.jpeg
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 02 02, 2020 •  [Post 8]

Well, I did have my Cheerios for dinner tonight and two slices of toast. Yea Chiefs, I guess, even if I did not watch a minute of the game or halftime.
Swede

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 02 02, 2020 •  [Post 9]

Lefty wrote:While I do know who is playing, I really don’t care about most professional sports
For the first part of the game I was snacking on apples and goose jerky driving on lakeshore drive along lake Meade National Recreational Area

156442AC-106E-46EA-85E9-CC574936B3E6.jpeg

Those critters are obviously 49ers fans, in their walk if shame home :lol:
WapitiTalk1

Postby Indian Summer » 02 04, 2020 •  [Post 10]

I had leftovers from a 70th birthday party the night before. I made about 150 elk bracioles. We ate most of them throughout the night at the party. The hunters who were there made me laugh. None of them hunt elk so it was like a rate delicacy for them. They couldn’t walk past the tray of them without grabbing another and another. Lol
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Tigger » 02 05, 2020 •  [Post 11]

I would never have guessed you were only 70! Happy Birthday! :lol:

I smoked some pheasant and whitetail jerky. They were gobbled up halfway through my party. A whole smoker worth!
Tigger