Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

New 2020 license fee increase forColorado

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

New 2020 license fee increase forColorado

Postby saddlesore » 02 07, 2020 •  [Post 1]

As I predicted, CPW has raised all resident/Non resident license fees for 2020. Part of the 2019 legislation that increased resident license fees also permits CPW to raise fees every year without going back to the legislature .The increases are not much, a $ or so,but still an increase.We will undoubtedly see this every year now.

There is one good point.There will now be a Senior Combo Small Game/Fishing license for a little less than the regular small game

license.https://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Pages/F ... icenseFees
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Re: New 2020 license fee increase forColorado

Postby Magic » 02 15, 2020 •  [Post 2]

@ $670.25 plus the required small game license, it's very understandable why my Son and I alternate buying a license. One hunts and the other "guides". That plus skipping an occasional year to catch up with the PP's is our new "normal". Due to the PP creep, neither of us will ever be able to hunt anything other than 2nd season.
Magic

First Name: Lynn
Last Name: D

Postby saddlesore » 02 16, 2020 •  [Post 3]

Magic wrote:@ $670.25 plus the required small game license, it's very understandable why my Son and I alternate buying a license. One hunts and the other "guides". That plus skipping an occasional year to catch up with the PP's is our new "normal". Due to the PP creep, neither of us will ever be able to hunt anything other than 2nd season.

I hear you. Now with the 9day gap betwen1st and 2nd the2nd comes quite a bit later in the year.Pushed me out of it as I can't do the snow and cold
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Magic » 02 20, 2020 •  [Post 4]

It all totals up to be ~$763 to Elk hunt in Colorado :shock: and yup, we are virtually guaranteed to see snow. :?
Magic

First Name: Lynn
Last Name: D