Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Pray For an End To The Pandemic

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Pray For an End To The Pandemic

Postby Swede » 03 17, 2020 •  [Post 1]

Few things are more important to a hunter than time free in the great outdoors, in pursuit of our favorite game. We are into a great pandemic right now, and there is no end in sight. Please remember to pray for God's intervention and that we all get through this. Take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Pray For an End To The Pandemic

Postby wawhitey » 03 17, 2020 •  [Post 2]

Ive been on the boat for over a month, reading the news and wtf am i coming back to? As soon as i get home im going to self quarantine in the mountains in idaho hunting wolves and lions.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Swede » 03 17, 2020 •  [Post 3]

You are coming home to a different country Whitey. Many businesses are closed or vastly changed. Restaurants are closed or offering take out only. Schools are closed. Churches are closed. Grocery stores are open but many shelves are empty. Sporting events are all on hold or cancelled.
Swede

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 17, 2020 •  [Post 4]

It’s the biggest health threat since?? Changing constantly up my way (all that Swede mentioned and more). I do pray that we, as a collective, do the right things as recommended/directed by our state and national leaders (yes, even the WA GOV is doing a good job) so we can get through this with the least lives lost possible. Not expecting a vaccine to be developed, proven, and mass produced for at least a year I hear. I’m suspecting schools may not even open again this year.......
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby wawhitey » 03 17, 2020 •  [Post 5]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:It’s the biggest health threat since?? Changing constantly up my way (all that Swede mentioned and more). I do pray that we, as a collective, do the right things as recommended/directed by our state and national leaders (yes, even the WA GOV is doing a good job) so we can get through this with the least lives lost possible. Not expecting a vaccine to be developed, proven, and mass produced for at least a year I hear. I’m suspecting schools may not even open again this year.......

Thats the last time i want to see anything positive about inslee posted on this website. TWO DEMERITS! youre on thin ice sir!
wawhitey

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 17, 2020 •  [Post 6]

wawhitey wrote:
WapitiTalk1 wrote:It’s the biggest health threat since?? Changing constantly up my way (all that Swede mentioned and more). I do pray that we, as a collective, do the right things as recommended/directed by our state and national leaders (yes, even the WA GOV is doing a good job) so we can get through this with the least lives lost possible. Not expecting a vaccine to be developed, proven, and mass produced for at least a year I hear. I’m suspecting schools may not even open again this year.......

Thats the last time i want to see anything positive about inslee posted on this website. TWO DEMERITS! youre on thin ice sir!

Believe me, I know. Somebody has obviously taken over his feeble mind. The worst GOV in the US is really doing an outstan”&$? job with this. See, I can’t say it again without gagging.
WapitiTalk1

Postby wawhitey » 03 18, 2020 •  [Post 7]

Hope you all have an adequate ammo supply, because panic buying is on in full force. Look at 5.56 ammo on midway. Everything out of stock. And cheaperthan dirt is price gouging.
wawhitey

Postby saddlesore » 03 18, 2020 •  [Post 8]

It's worse for seniors.
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Tigger » 03 18, 2020 •  [Post 9]

Thanks for posting this Swede.

Please reach out to seniors and see if you can help minimize their contact with others by getting their groceries or whatever they need. I reached out to a super nice elderly neighbor but they don't need anything yet.

And some of you old farts in this WapitiTalk family take care of yourself! Swede and Saddlesore…..that means stop licking door knobs.
Tigger

Postby Swede » 03 18, 2020 •  [Post 10]

We are offering for our seniors, at church, to buy and deliver food for them if they needed. I think I am too young to qualify. Just be careful and do as the governors and public health officials are recommending.
Swede

Postby saddlesore » 03 18, 2020 •  [Post 11]

Doesn't help much when the help tries to buy groceries and there is nothing to buy.
saddlesore

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 03 18, 2020 •  [Post 12]

I'm supposed to be getting scheduled for a major surgery, and I classify as high risk due to all my fun new health conditions. Talking to the surgeon tomorrow, but not sure what is going to happen.

I'm really thankful we bought half a cow a month before all this panic buying started.
Trumkin the Dwarf

First Name: Malachi
Last Name: C

Postby Elkduds » 03 18, 2020 •  [Post 13]

When the going gets tough, I feel better when I can help someone. I'm in charge of that part of life, regardless of the storms around me.

Malachi, I'm rooting for you man. I hope you will keep us posted.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 03 18, 2020 •  [Post 14]

Elkduds wrote:When the going gets tough, I feel better when I can help someone. I'm in charge of that part of life, regardless of the storms around me.

Malachi, I'm rooting for you man. I hope you will keep us posted.

I was gonna post a new thread about it once I have some more details. Nothing to be alarmed about though!
Trumkin the Dwarf

First Name: Malachi
Last Name: C

Postby Swede » 03 18, 2020 •  [Post 15]

Malachi, there are some Montana deer and elk depending on you to make a full recovery. They feel better when the playing field is on the level. I too will pray for you to be back in action at full strength.
Swede

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 19, 2020 •  [Post 16]

An entire state on lockdown... unprecedented times for sure.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rus-update
WapitiTalk1

Postby wawhitey » 03 19, 2020 •  [Post 17]

Got back on dry land around midnight. Our yard is inside the ballard locks, just off leary. Bunch of bars and restaraunts, usually a very busy place at midnight, even on a weekday. There was nobody out. Walking, bicycling, driving... just nobody. It was silent. Eerie. So i get home this morning, took a nap, headed into colville this afternoon. Complete opposite of seattle. Seemed like more people out and about than usual, and some people that didnt exactly fit in, not locals. I have a hunch people from spokane are heading up this way to shop or whatever, thinking small town, fewer people, safer? Pretty weird. The only thing troubling me right now is that its about tick season and i really need s haircut, but the barbers are closed. Guess ill break out the clippers and take it down to stubble.
wawhitey

Postby Lefty » 03 20, 2020 •  [Post 18]

Swede wrote:Few things are more important to a hunter than time free in the great outdoors, in pursuit of our favorite game. We are into a great pandemic right now, and there is no end in sight. Please remember to pray for God's intervention and that we all get through this. Take care of yourselves and your loved ones.

I certainly dont even know what to pray for other than my selfish family and friends protection.

Is this a wake up call for, or maybe only the beginning of something better , or preparation for what ever the future we make of it.
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 03 20, 2020 •  [Post 19]

In Matthew 28:20 we see where Jesus said to His disciples, "I am with you always. even to the end of the world." It is good to pray that promise and accept it by faith. I am praying it is God's will that the scientists are soon able to find a cure. God has not answered that request yet.
Swede

Postby saddlesore » 03 20, 2020 •  [Post 20]

Swede wrote:In Matthew 28:20 we see where Jesus said to His disciples, "I am with you always. even to the end of the world." It is good to pray that promise and accept it by faith. I am praying it is God's will that the scientists are soon able to find a cure. God has not answered that request yet.

Sometimes when we ask God for something, the answer is NO.
saddlesore

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 20, 2020 •  [Post 21]

Another state "locked down". NY GOV orders shelter in place, lockdown. He said (unlike California) the lockdown will be enforced via LE. I fear, these same measures be coming to a state near you/me WapitiTalk folks. RJ

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-amer ... 54cge.html
WapitiTalk1

Postby Swede » 03 20, 2020 •  [Post 22]

I am staying home and only going out for groceries when needed. If everyone did that, we cold get through the pandemic in short order. Unfortunately there are some like a person I spoke to today that thinks it Is a hoax, and are going about their normal routine.
Swede

Postby Lefty » 03 20, 2020 •  [Post 23]

Trumkin the Dwarf wrote:I'm supposed to be getting scheduled for a major surgery, and I classify as high risk due to all my fun new health conditions. Talking to the surgeon tomorrow, but not sure what is going to happen..

Hope all goes well

My wife was to have a possible cyst and likely cancer spot removed. No answer.
Lefty

Postby Lefty » 03 20, 2020 •  [Post 24]

saddlesore wrote:
Swede wrote:In Matthew 28:20 we see where Jesus said to His disciples, "I am with you always. even to the end of the world." It is good to pray that promise and accept it by faith. I am praying it is God's will that the scientists are soon able to find a cure. God has not answered that request yet.

Sometimes when we ask God for something, the answer is NO.

Sometimes we ask the wrong things for the wrong reasons. Sometimes we never know the answer, others the anser it other than what is asked for

Of course I hope innocent lives arent lost. But could there be more good to come out of this than we may ever know.
Lefty

Postby Swede » 03 20, 2020 •  [Post 25]

Lefty wrote:But could there be more good to come out of this than we may ever know.

I will continue to pray for God to intervene and give us a cure.
Swede

Postby CampCreek » 03 21, 2020 •  [Post 26]

My prayers are for the front line medical personnel {my son is one}, they are under a lot of stress right now.
CampCreek

Postby Swede » 03 22, 2020 •  [Post 27]

CampCreek wrote:My prayers are for the front line medical personnel {my son is one}, they are under a lot of stress right now.

Amen. They really need our prayers at this time and always.
Swede

Postby Lefty » 03 23, 2020 •  [Post 28]

Swede wrote:
CampCreek wrote:My prayers are for the front line medical personnel {my son is one}, they are under a lot of stress right now.

Amen. They really need our prayers at this time and always.

My oldest came home crying to mom and dad
She mostly rewrites loans . Friday she had 125 calls mostly people who lost their jobs or won’t be getting paid an we’re expecting to loose Their homes

Sad all the way around
Lefty

Postby ishy » 03 29, 2020 •  [Post 29]

Our entire church is fasting this weekend for relief... for all involved health wise, financially, our leaders to make wise decisions etc... It's a pretty enlightening experience to give up food for 24 hours for those who have never tried it. Putting faith above a pretty basic physical basic human need/want to put others first in a situation most of use feel pretty helpless helps me feel like I'm doing something.
ishy

First Name: Bryan
Last Name: L