Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Lifestyle Changes

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Lifestyle Changes

Postby Swede » 04 16, 2020 •  [Post 1]

Now that many of us are not working the same way we did and are more home bound, what if any lifestyle changes have you made?

Even though I am retired there are a lot of things that have changed in my life. I do not prepare for church. I do not have any janitorial work and do not prepare for two messages per week. I still prepare a Sunday School lesson and share it at home with my wife. She is my class now. I stay home on Sunday and watch Charles Stanley, David Jeremiah, Adrian Rogers and a couple more main stream preachers. They are great, but it is not the same as church. I stay at home except to go get groceries. My yard would look a little better if I would go in and get some weed B Gone and do some other things. I order on-line instead of going to the store. I have not started the car in a month. I hope it will run when I can use it again. The pickup sits with a cold engine about six days per week.
My wife cut my hair the other day. I could use a patch job on that now, but who cares? It is great.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Lifestyle Changes

Postby Lefty » 04 16, 2020 •  [Post 2]

Sunday is about the only big change.
I bought a project house and all three daughters bought homes under $75,000; So lots to do! In some ways much hasnt changed , I try to limit time in Home Depot :? :lol: My plan was to put my project house on the market the 1st of May. A few odd and ends and its time to do flooring/trim.
Last week we had two gorgeous days My wife and I put on a lot of miles in the desert on the ATV.
Today Ill try to get bear bait tags ,.. So I guess thats something Im behind on. I do need to get the tree sprayed as soon as this snow is gone.

Friday ll be helping some new people move into their home. Along with others we pruned one gals orchard, A a few other small service projects for a fellow with cancer.

Our church has lots of instruction that can be streamed via computer/phone/ Smart TV . Sundays I mostly stay in the house and we stream for 3-5 housrs . Not always sitting and watching. We make a big traditional Sunday dinner for our daughters . Easter My 90 and 86 year old in laws came up for Dinner too More of an FYI nobody has died in SE Idhaho,, don't think anyone has been on a ventilator . So in some waays Idaho being Idaho and are sort of isolated that way. And most open business , well ive only been to Costco and Home Depot. They are right behind wiping things down!
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby 7mmfan » 04 16, 2020 •  [Post 3]

Realistically, not a lot has changed for us other than we're both working from home now, and we aren't visiting local family nearly as often. I've always been the cook of the house, but I have time during the day to plan more complicated meals.

Been smoking a lot of meats, and processing sausage/jerky, etc...

We aren't spending NEAR the money we would in a normal month, mainly due to no fuel usage, and no meals out. Putting a lot of money in the bank right now.

The weather in western Washington has been GORGEOUS for about 2 weeks now, with another week on the horizon, so I've been able to complete a couple months work of yard projects in a couple weeks. Will be able to enjoy our summer here instead of slaving away in the heat.

In general life is pretty good.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby saddlesore » 04 16, 2020 •  [Post 4]

Not much change here. I get my SS and small pension direct deposit.Go to the store about every other week. Fixing things that went south during the winter. Mules get fed, road apples cleaned, riding if it gets warm enough.

For a long time,I haven't figured I needed a special building or some like a preacher, or such to help me pray.
saddlesore

Postby Swede » 04 16, 2020 •  [Post 5]

I am a devout church goer, but I agree with Vince: I do not need a preacher or special building to pray. I can do that alone and I can do that wherever I am. According to Ephesians 6:18 we are not to cease to pray. Don't wait to get to church for that.

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." Hebrew 10:25
Swede

Postby Lefty » 04 16, 2020 •  [Post 6]

Loaded for bear
2EA629BC-D3FB-4478-82A5-48665F470AC1.jpeg
2EA629BC-D3FB-4478-82A5-48665F470AC1.jpeg (137.45 KiB) Viewed 3764 times
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby ishy » 04 20, 2020 •  [Post 7]

Life is almost the same for me in healthcare, the wife on the other hand has her hands full with kids 24/7. We do online church now.
Looks good lefty. We wait a few more weeks to start. Just gets to expensive when we start early, and seems to get better the end of May first of June.
ishy

First Name: Bryan
Last Name: L

Postby Magic » 05 01, 2020 •  [Post 8]

We are getting our Church Services somehow through facebook. The wife knows how to do it. She also cuts my hair as she has been doing since 1974 so nothing changed there.

I did add a couple of funnies showing what was deep down into our freezer and also answering the question whether it "taste just like chicken". :roll:
Attachments
Dinosaur_Leg.jpg
Dinosaur_Leg.jpg (44.46 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
ChickenSoup.jpg
ChickenSoup.jpg (126.81 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
Magic

First Name: Lynn
Last Name: D

Postby Swede » 05 01, 2020 •  [Post 9]

I am getting a regular routine on Sunday. From 8:15-9:00 my wife and I do our Sunday School lesson together, them from 9:00 - 11:30 we attend TV Church services. I like all I am watching but Dr. David Jeremiah is my favorite at least for now.
Swede

Postby Tigger » 05 04, 2020 •  [Post 10]

We watch church from 1030 to 1130. My 12 year old boys were late because they were spearing suckers in the creek. then one of them fell asleep. I just couldn't help but smile. Those are boys being boys.
Tigger

Postby Swede » 05 04, 2020 •  [Post 11]

Tigger: Your post reminds me of times past when our children were young and at home. We lived above Winthrop Washington and sometimes in the winter we were shut in due to heavy snow. Getting the kids in from playing out in the cold, to watch a television church service was near impossible. They were cold out and when they came in and warmed up you just know what happened.
Swede

Postby >>>---WW----> » 05 05, 2020 •  [Post 12]

We don't go anywhere or do anything outside of just around the place here. So actually, we are saving a few dollars by staying at home. On Sunday morning, our church does a full service on Zoom.com. So we still get to partake and are able to see and visit with all the members.
>>>---WW---->

Postby Magic » 05 10, 2020 •  [Post 13]

Our church services are still on facebook. We are missing our church family. :(
Magic

First Name: Lynn
Last Name: D