Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Face to Face

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Face to Face

Postby Tigger » 04 23, 2020 •  [Post 1]

How many people on this forum have you met face to face? I will start...…. ……. ……… ….. yeah, um.....carry the 2.... add'em up....zero. none. zip. nil. zilch. nada. Not a stinkin' one. Yet. But I sure hope to. It would be fun to hear stories from wawhitey about his pet lions. Lefty's goose hunting. Joe's guiding. RJs early elk hunting exploits in NW MT. Swede's.....I think I might be afraid to meet Swede. Afraid he might light my shoelaces on fire. 7mmfans trips. Saddlesore alone could probably keep me entertained for hours talking about mules and mountains over the years. Elknut is another one where I would just sit and listen to all of his stories.

So who have you had the pleasure of meeting?
Tigger

Re: Face to Face

Postby Elkhunttoo » 04 23, 2020 •  [Post 2]

Pretty sure I’m a big 0 on that one too
Elkhunttoo

Postby Swede » 04 23, 2020 •  [Post 3]

I know and have hunted with a few of the jerks that converse here. I have been with RJ a couple of times. Stringunner and I have hunted together, and there are a couple of other rare posting characters including my son.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 23, 2020 •  [Post 4]

Ya, quite a few for me I guess. I talk to a lot of you jokers on the phone and via email also; I always enjoy that. Swede and I have bumped into each a few times including a pre-hunt and actual hunt. That curmudgeon is welcome in my camp anytime (his predator caller, however, is not) :lol:
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 04 24, 2020 •  [Post 5]

Thanks RJ. You and Joe are always welcome to hunt with me in Oregon. I gave back the borrowed electronic call. It had done its job for sure. :lol: I remember fondly the time we shared a camp in Idaho. Everyday was a holiday there. Maybe someday I will get to hunt with you two again. This season I am increasing my scouting and hunting area where I have hunted the last couple of seasons.
Swede

Postby saddlesore » 04 24, 2020 •  [Post 6]

One. Kessler and I have hunted together,or at least I watched
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Lefty » 04 24, 2020 •  [Post 7]

Met Paul ( ElkNut) a couple times at international Sportsman Expo

One fellow who was active years back we visit on the phone as soon as he kills a bull here in SE Idaho

A few years back I was heading in on an ATV it was less than a minute and NewJerseyDiverDan I D me

Then a few at elkcalling contest
When I ever get back towards Portland I ll stop and harass Swede, if I’m ever in NE Washington I might let the air out of Reds tires and maybe swap out some SD cards on WaWhiteys cameras

Years back on a waterfowl forum I’ve hunted overtime 45-50 guys, met maybe 400 some at a boat launch, a waterfowl Expo, DU, other waterfowl groups , business, volunteer work, buying or selling gear
Some are still close friends
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 04 24, 2020 •  [Post 8]

When you get back to Portland, give me a call. Maybe we can both cruise up north a little ways and let the air out of Big Red's tires. Whitey is too far away to harass up close and personal, but he is not hard to irritate here.
Swede

Postby Lefty » 04 25, 2020 •  [Post 9]

Swede wrote:When you get back to Portland, give me a call. Maybe we can both cruise up north a little ways and let the air out of Big Red's tires. Whitey is too far away to harass up close and personal, but he is not hard to irritate here.

Im all for it!!! Maybe the two of us could pull the rear wheels off Red and replace them with a pair of U-Pull tires and rims , Reds chrome rims have too much Flash
I use to be Ok painting vehicles maybe we could add a yellow or orange lightning stripe on Red.

Swede I think your chicken of Whitey, he's younger, faster, makes more money than both of us combined , only works part of the year, then hides in the woods of Washington State
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 04 25, 2020 •  [Post 10]

I do not know care about Whiteys income, but I know he has quite an arsenal. Do you know anyone that would trespass on his place? :lol:
Swede

Postby >>>---WW----> » 04 25, 2020 •  [Post 11]

Buglemaster, Jaquamo, Cnelk, lew, Bullnuts, Paul at the Fort, Colorado Russ, Elknut, American Bwana, and probably several others that used to post on here. Most were in the ( 10% that harvest 90% of the elk class ).
>>>---WW---->

Postby Billy Goat » 05 28, 2020 •  [Post 12]

I've not met any of you chaps face to face, but would welcome the opportunity. :)

I'll be coming up I-25 through Colorado in a few weeks, if Saddlesore would like to meet for beans.
"First teach a child to love God,
teach them second to love their family
and third, teach them to hunt and fish,
and by the time they reach their teens, no dope peddler under the sun will ever teach them anything".

-Cotton Cordell
Billy Goat

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 05 29, 2020 •  [Post 13]

I'm another with a big fat zero... which is a bummer. If I still lived up in MT I'm betting I'd have had a chance to hang out with Indian Summer at a bar in Red Lodge.
Trumkin the Dwarf

First Name: Malachi
Last Name: C

Postby Swede » 05 29, 2020 •  [Post 14]

Since we are about the same height, it would be fun to meet with Trumpkin. 6''-5" or 5'-6", what's the difference? Anyway, how are you healing up Trumpkin?
Swede

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 05 29, 2020 •  [Post 15]

Swede wrote:Since we are about the same height, it would be fun to meet with Trumpkin. 6''-5" or 5'-6", what's the difference? Anyway, how are you healing up Trumpkin?

I don't see a difference either, Swede. Worst case scenario you could use a tree stand to get to eye level with me :lol: . Thanks for asking how I'm doing. I'm healing up pretty well, and I should be able to schedule my second surgery in another month or so. I lost a lot of weight from the first surgery, and I'm trying to eat as much as possible to get some muscle back before the second one.
Trumkin the Dwarf

Postby Swede » 05 29, 2020 •  [Post 16]

Trumkin the Dwarf wrote: I'm trying to eat as much as possible to get some muscle

Now, that is a great line. I am going to try it on my wife. She thinks I need to diet more.
Swede

Postby Billy Goat » 05 29, 2020 •  [Post 17]

[quote=

I lost a lot of weight from the first surgery[/quote]

I may need one of them surgeries!
"First teach a child to love God,
teach them second to love their family
and third, teach them to hunt and fish,
and by the time they reach their teens, no dope peddler under the sun will ever teach them anything".

-Cotton Cordell
Billy Goat

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 05 31, 2020 •  [Post 18]

Swede wrote:
Trumkin the Dwarf wrote: I'm trying to eat as much as possible to get some muscle

Now, that is a great line. I am going to try it on my wife. She thinks I need to diet more.

It works like a charm! My wife encourages me to eat the extra cookie or spare burger from the grill now! :lol:
Trumkin the Dwarf