Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

What A Bunch Of Jerks

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

What A Bunch Of Jerks

Postby Swede » 05 11, 2020 •  [Post 1]

Here I have been working hard to keep the W.T. forum on track and very respectable. My main objective is just to be a help new hunters and promote a passion for the quest of big game. I work hard to keep deviants, you know who you are, from messing with R.Js. fancy ride we all know as "Big Red".
New hunters get solid advise until some deviants, you know who you are, start blatting about how to be the Pied Piper of elk with some strange calls that sounds similar to a man that has just dropped his hot coffee in his lap.
Scouting advise goes from the sublime to the ridiculous when some deviants, and you know who you are, start offering advise that if it was put on paper would be fit only for lining the floor of a bird cage.
And what thanks do I get? Some deviants, and you know who you are, start maligning the good name of "Swede" and scaring off the very bright people we are here to help. :o
So, without naming any names, here is my question. How did those three deviants all get to be moderators on this forum? :lol:
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: What A Bunch Of Jerks

Postby Lefty » 05 12, 2020 •  [Post 2]

I would certainly apologize if it was me producing offensive producing bird cage liners :lol:

For a few minutes yesterday My Doc did think I wouldnt be here today to mess with such a fine specimen as yourself.

Glad he was wrong,
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Lefty » 05 12, 2020 •  [Post 3]

Swede wrote:I have been working hard to keep the W.T. forum on track and very respectable.

Yes Sir" :lol: look at who the moderators are!

/Its getting light out,.. Im outa here,,, for now
Lefty

Postby saddlesore » 05 12, 2020 •  [Post 4]

Speaking of jerks, yesterday, I left a forum that I have been a member of at least 15 years. It had become a group of SOB's that had no interest in shooting sports or hunting, but took great pleasure in belittling others that didn't follow the clique of their chosen few. The most used portion of the forum was the Hunter's Campfire, sort of like this Virtual Campfire,only filled with liars, deceitful, cold hearted, SOB's.

The other pages were used, but generally, any information gleaned was in the first two pages and the remaining 10-15 or so were arguments or pi$$ing contest .

Be glad of what we have here.A great group of guys dedicated to hunting and helping others . Kudus and thanks to all.
saddlesore

Postby Tigger » 05 12, 2020 •  [Post 5]

Vince,
I bailed on that same forum recently as well after 15 years. Certainly not like the community we have here. I appreciate all of the expert advise, the willingness to help and of course, the good humor. We can kid amongst ourselves without attacking each other.

Swede,
Although I have no idea who the miscreants you may be referring to are, I am sure they are upstanding individuals who have a wealth of knowledge and abilities. Sure sounds like it. If you keep listening closely to them, I am sure, even you, will begin to learn what they are saying! I will watch for them and ask them to use smaller words. :lol:
Tigger

Postby Swede » 05 12, 2020 •  [Post 6]

You guys are really a delight to visit with and to pester, even you Tigger. Vince is absolutely right.
What I wanted to say here, is that during this time of pandemic, when we may be shut in, we have a great opportunity to get to know one another, have a little fun and share hunting experiences. It has been a joy for me to come here several times a day to check in. It sounds too corny, so I won't say it is a disappointment, and I miss you guys when you are not posting. Lets keep the conversations active and fun.
It is easier for me to post, "What a bunch of jerks". :D
Swede

Postby Lefty » 05 12, 2020 •  [Post 7]

Swede I may be a Jerk, :lol: but I'm no shut in. The weather nice, the suns out longer than I can work/play and Wapiti time is limited to waiting on the wife taking a break
Lefty

Postby 7mmfan » 05 12, 2020 •  [Post 8]

Guess I'll keep my head low for a while. In the mean time, maybe I'll write Swede in for photo of the month...
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Swede » 05 13, 2020 •  [Post 9]

7mm, I do not know how I have missed irritating you so long. I am considering it pure neglect on my part that you have been left out.
Swede

Postby 7mmfan » 05 13, 2020 •  [Post 10]

I attribute it to my unique ability to blend into my surroundings sowell, that people just forget I'm here. My cover has been blown though. Time to implement a new alias.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Billy Goat » 05 16, 2020 •  [Post 11]

saddlesore wrote:Speaking of jerks, yesterday, I left a forum that I have been a member of at least 15 years. It had become a group of SOB's that had no interest in shooting sports or hunting, but took great pleasure in belittling others that didn't follow the clique of their chosen few. The most used portion of the forum was the Hunter's Campfire, sort of like this Virtual Campfire,only filled with liars, deceitful, cold hearted, SOB's.

The other pages were used, but generally, any information gleaned was in the first two pages and the remaining 10-15 or so were arguments or pi$$ing contest .

Be glad of what we have here.A great group of guys dedicated to hunting and helping others . Kudus and thanks to all.

amen Saddlesore. I was glad to find you here. I always enjoyed your hunt updates + mule commentary.

the 'fire gets tons of traffic, but dang it's just frustrating. some of the comments made me embarrassed to be associated with that forum.

smaller, friendly forums like this are miles better.
"First teach a child to love God,
teach them second to love their family
and third, teach them to hunt and fish,
and by the time they reach their teens, no dope peddler under the sun will ever teach them anything".

-Cotton Cordell
Billy Goat

Postby Magic » 05 16, 2020 •  [Post 12]

I am a member of a "tractor forum" simply because I sometime have a tractor question or reading other posts sometime is helpful. That being said, they are a mean spirited bunch.

Almost enough to make me want to sell my tractor!! :(
Magic

First Name: Lynn
Last Name: D

Postby Elkhntr08 » 05 22, 2020 •  [Post 13]

I’d blame it on the Shut In, but it’s seems like a lot of forums have been going downhill for a while. Some of the stuff I see posted makes me wonder where the Mods are. This is a nice place to land. Visit a bear hunting forum and a Weatherby forum and that’s about it. I find that if you don’t shoot a Tikka on one or a Howa on another, your not in the click. I do “Slide” over to one once in a while to pick up some deals on classifieds. Got a Leupold VX5HD 3-15 for $700 the other day because of a bunch of posts about how bad Leupolds are.
Like I said before, this is a great place to visit and learn. Thanks to all who make it that way and keep the inmates in line.
Jim
Wanted to add, that we have a great group of sponsors also. Looking at setting up to grind and stuff my own meat this year. Will be getting ahold of Meat and making sure they know I found them here.
Elkhntr08