Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Hijacked

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Hijacked

Postby Jhg » 06 16, 2023 •  [Post 1]

I am getting out of this one since its playful purpose has become a forum for religious ideology.
Jhg

Re: Koosies

Postby Swede » 06 17, 2023 •  [Post 2]

I have no idea if or where Idaho fits in the Lord's plan for eternity. Having studied the Bible for many years now, this I can say: Those who have by faith received Jesus as Lord and are looking forward to His return will spend eternity with Him. Those are the ones the Bible refers to as saints. I guess the ones who reject Him could be referred to as the ain'ts. Friends study your Bible and go to a fundamental Bible believing church and discover who Jesus really is. This is far more important than your next hunting trip.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Jhg » 06 17, 2023 •  [Post 3]

Same
Jhg

Postby Lefty » 06 18, 2023 •  [Post 4]

Swede wrote:I have no idea if or where Idaho fits in the Lord's plan for eternity. .

Swede you just need to understand the meaning of Scriptures
John 14:2
In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you in Idaho!

John 14:3

If I go and prepare a place for you in Idaho , I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.

Back to the koosie,, I dont own any, my wife does have a couple Stanly drink bottles
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 06 18, 2023 •  [Post 5]

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. I Cor. 2: 9

I guess Idaho could qualify, if that was the only part of God's Word, as it is the last place I would have guessed. :D
The problem it does not fit with the remainder of Scripture. Heaven is the city of the Great King.
Swede

Re: Hijacked

Postby Swede » 06 18, 2023 •  [Post 6]

Sorry Jhg. Now I feel bad, but this thread keeps getting changed so I can hardly recognize it. It was not my intent to hijack your thread. I took your picture of a cup holder likening Idaho to heaven as tongue in cheek. I have never been to heaven and have to admit I know very little about it. Just know that I have a strong conviction about Jesus Christ, and firmly believe that what you decide about Him is the most important decision you or anyone has to make in life. Our decision will determine where we spend eternity. I do not think Idaho is likely the eternal abode for those who love our Lord. Like I said, I have never been to heaven, but I have been to Idaho.
I can assure you Christian's joke around as much as anyone and have fun with these and many other things. We have our serious times and fun times. All joking aside, if Idaho is a part of Christ's eternal domain, it will be glorious.
Swede

Postby saddlesore » 06 19, 2023 •  [Post 7]

Maybe religious post needs to be banned just like politics. People can get into pretty heated debates about it also
saddlesore

Postby Lefty » 06 19, 2023 •  [Post 8]

Sorry Saddle Sore and JHG
I was just trying to make light of the Idaho koozie

Idaho is a pretty nice place to be., And. I do not own a Koozie of any kind
So a smart alec response to Swede is really what it was from
Maybe when I sto
20230619_082137.jpg
20230619_082137.jpg (122.65 KiB) Viewed 852 times
p for gas I'll get a picture of a cozy,
In Idaho of course

I just stopped to call my wife, the last[attachmentplace that I get cell reception before I head into my elk country this morning.
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 06 19, 2023 •  [Post 9]

There is and has been no flame throwing over any religious matter on this or any other thread. I am sorry that Jhg felt his thread was hijacked. To a great extent it was his own fault. If it had any direction, I missed it. Posting a picture of a koozie equating Idaho and heaven is pretty open ended. Where did he want it to go? More pictures of koozies? A discussion on Idaho? I focused on the message on the koozie.
I do not promote any particular church here or elsewhere and have devout believing friends and loved ones that belong to a variety of denominations. The Bible is silent about church denominations. It focuses on the important matter of trusting and following Christ. I even have friends and loved ones that have no faith in Christ at all. I just pray for them, because I care. I do not debate religion as I have never argued anyone into believing my way on this important matter.
Swede

Postby Indian Summer » 06 19, 2023 •  [Post 10]

Easy guys. We shouldn’t have to make rules because of touchy subjects. Religion is close to politics with varying opinions and beliefs. If you want to discuss it on the side you can. But please tread lightly here.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby saddlesore » 06 20, 2023 •  [Post 11]

Indian Summer wrote:Easy guys. We shouldn’t have to make rules because of touchy subjects. Religion is close to politics with varying opinions and beliefs. If you want to discuss it on the side you can. But please tread lightly here.

Totally agree. What is needed are two more forums. Politics and religion. I would give up my Tales Form The Past so I could alert hunters on what is happening in today's world.
saddlesore

Postby Swede » 06 20, 2023 •  [Post 12]

Indian Summer wrote:But please tread lightly here

Good reminder. I don't think anyone (Lefty or I) crossed the boundary of being considerate and respectful. I certainly do not see a need to have a religion or politics forum because I got to bantering about whether Idaho is or will be heaven. Furthermore, I have no information on the persons who will reside there or who won't. Without pushing religion too much, I will just say that is something you can take up with God. He has not put me on that committee.
Swede

Postby saddlesore » 06 20, 2023 •  [Post 13]

Swede wrote:
Indian Summer wrote:But please tread lightly here

Good reminder. I don't think anyone (Lefty or I) crossed the boundary of being considerate and respectful. I certainly do not see a need to have a religion or politics forum because I got to bantering about whether Idaho is or will be heaven. Furthermore, I have no information on the persons who will reside there or who won't. Without pushing religion too much, I will just say that is something you can take up with God. He has not put me on that committee.

I disagree.There are lot of political things happening today that are affecting hunting and wildlife and outdoor recreation. Ignoring them won't make it go away. As for religion, I don't care what any one believes or not believe, but don't think one should expound on their beliefs either way on these type of forums.

If there are specific forums the people can go to to discuss that is fine, but still be considerate and respectful
saddlesore

Postby Swede » 06 20, 2023 •  [Post 14]

Vince, I do not think anyone here has forbidden us from informing people about issues or measures affecting hunting or hunters or anything else. Where we can go off the rails is when we characterize those who may disagree with us as stupid or evil or you name it.
When you say Colorado is considering reintroducing wolves into the State; you are not out of bounds. Just leave off the characterization of those proposing the change, and those that support or agree with the change. Think what you like about your politicians, they are not stupid. Those that survive are usually very astute. They know their constituents.
As far as the "religious" discussion goes, I hardly know what to say. What started off as a half tongue in cheek barb at Idaho not being heaven seems to have morphed into something unanticipated. I do not think Lefty's picture of beautiful Idaho was to be taken as a serious defense of a Idaho heaven. Furthermore, I doubt if anyone cares one way or the other where Idaho or some other State fits into God's eternal plan.
Please do not push too hard to make an issue where there does not need to be one.
Swede

Postby saddlesore » 06 20, 2023 •  [Post 15]

Swede wrote:. Think what you like about your politicians, they are not stupid. Those that survive are usually very astute. They know their constituents.

Yep, Biden and Harris have genius IQ's. Biden has survived 49 years on the public dole. Pretty darn smart.

Issues and measures that are effecting us are put in place by politicians, not wildlife biologist and the rules say no politics

I will stand up to any issue or person I think is unfair or wrong. If I am treading on the edge, being a moderator, you can ban me if you desire.
saddlesore

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 20, 2023 •  [Post 16]

Nobody is banning anybody. KNOCK IT OFF! Start some hunting threads, post on existing hunting threads, dig up some archived topics and add to them. See where I’m going here.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Indian Summer » 06 21, 2023 •  [Post 17]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:Nobody is banning anybody. KNOCK IT OFF! Start some hunting threads, post on existing hunting threads, dig up some archived topics and add to them. See where I’m going here.

Exactly. Those little pokes are kids games. Leave it alone! Lots of things to discuss that are actually related to elk hunting.
Indian Summer

Postby Swede » 06 21, 2023 •  [Post 18]

Indian Summer wrote:Exactly. Those little pokes are kids games.

Talk about kid games. That is really funny. You are doing just that. You are like the little kid that backs up mom after little Billy gets scolded. Too bad you could not stick out your tongue.

I chose not to reply to Saddlesore's latest. I think he had said his piece. That should have been enough.
Swede

Postby Indian Summer » 06 22, 2023 •  [Post 19]

Swede wrote:
Indian Summer wrote:Exactly. Those little pokes are kids games.

Talk about kid games. That is really funny. You are doing just that. You are like the little kid that backs up mom after little Billy gets scolded. Too bad you could not stick out your tongue.

I chose not to reply to Saddlesore's latest. I think he had said his piece. That should have been enough.

I didn’t follow up to any posts. I made my comment. Short and sweet. I don’t play games Swede. I’m on this forum because it is peaceful and welcoming. As soon as I see that being compromised I will say what’s on my mind. You will never hear me talking religion or politics here. Like you I have a very strong faith. But I do not care what others do and even if I did there s isn’t the place for it. Do I sound angry? Not at all. Because I’m not. No reason to be. My post on this thread is pretty much all business. Thankfully it’s rare to have to be that way.

I haven’t said anything sarcastic either. Have you?
Indian Summer

Postby Swede » 06 22, 2023 •  [Post 20]

Thanks I.S. for you explanation and rebuttal. I was hoping you would do it as you did. It is fair and reasonable. I did not take your previous post as any personal attack. I just did not think it appropriate to pile on.
I do not think I said anything offensive.
I too prefer to leave politics alone.
I see Christ Jesus as the only hope for fallen mankind. I consider all of you here as my friends. I care about you personally but cannot and would not want to force my faith on anyone. I do not want to coerce someone to profess faith any more than I would want to force someone to tree stand hunt. I make no apology for my comments. You will search in vain to find where I advocate for any particular church or denomination. The Bible translation I recommend is with few exceptions the one you will read and follow. The Bible says that "it is given unto man once to die and after that the judgement." I just want my friends to know this life is like a one hunt opportunity.
Thanks for putting up with me on this.
Swede