Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Challenging the boss.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Challenging the boss.

Postby Lefty » 04 25, 2024 •  [Post 1]

]I quite enjoyed the "What Would You Do (2024 version?) elk scenarios

Any situation. Not just elk hunting.

We I have set up an elk camp along the same FS road the past 10 years. The previous 5 years in one location, Generally set up on the 30th or 31 of August
This past year ta few of those locations were posted on hiking and camping web pages, blogs, and Facebook..
I truly expect some other non-hunting users to be on the location throughout the summer

So what do you do. Someone is in your hunt camp location
2020-09-17 11-19-45.JPG

IMG_5855.JPG
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: Challenging the boss.

Postby 7mmfan » 04 25, 2024 •  [Post 2]

What can you do, but move on? We've all experienced it. It generally isn't too difficult to find another spot to camp. It might be as ideal as the spot you wanted, but it works. If you can't reserve it, it's open to everyone!
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby wawhitey » 04 25, 2024 •  [Post 3]

Set up camp right there, srip down naked, and blast some beegees on the boombox. Your unwanted neighbors will move along promptly
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Lefty » 04 26, 2024 •  [Post 4]

7mmfan wrote:What can you do, but move on? We've all experienced it. It generally isn't too difficult to find another spot to camp. It might be as ideal as the spot you wanted, but it works. If you can't reserve it, it's open to everyone!

There is a dozen places along that FS road I could, and have made camp,
The reason I brought this up. Ran into an old hardcore Montana archery big bull elk hunter. He has had his camp in the same location for 50 years. He commented how back then there were fewer camps. This year was the longest he had ever been at camp,

wawhitey wrote:Set up camp right there, srip down naked, and blast some beegees on the boombox. Your unwanted neighbors will move along promptly

You should know I cant dance :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring your camera: Im old enough and don't care,,, My body modesty disappeared years ago,..
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H