Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Yellowstone

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Yellowstone

Postby wawhitey » 04 26, 2024 •  [Post 1]

I kind of want to go one of these days. Dont care about seeing geysers, or bison etc. I want to go during peak tourist season and watch some clueless idiots win darwin awards. Anybody been during the peak times, and seen blatant stupidity? According to the internet its a common phenomenon, and we all know the internet never lies or embellishes.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: Yellowstone

Postby Lefty » 04 26, 2024 •  [Post 2]

Im trying to convince my wife to go next week. Easy to spot the game this time of year

You need to go mess with the wolfies (wierdos)
Go now wolf pups should have dropped this week ,, the freaks are everywhere around the den in Lamar

There are some weirdo blogs, and maybe Facebook too.
https://www.yellowstonewolf.org/

Start out with Birkenstocks, Bob Marley hat Patagonia hoody, rose-colored sunglasses driving a little Suburu. Park where youre not suppose too,,, Stay incognito for a while ,,, good times,,

Yeah go now, tourist are one thing,,, the wackos are a whole different entertainment

you never know what kind of wildlife you will see

4358.jpeg

13015.jpeg
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Deanmac » 04 27, 2024 •  [Post 3]

Will be there this July, but in the backcountry, will avoid old faithful and other tourists areas.
Deanmac

Postby Lefty » 04 27, 2024 •  [Post 4]

Which area do you like to play in..

95% of Yellowstone is underutilized,
Lefty

Postby saddlesore » 04 28, 2024 •  [Post 5]

We use to go about every year during late September. Still heavy with tourist. I could fill pages with what we have seen. People surrounding a moose taking photos with little point and shoot cameras, getting to close with a grizzly with cubs, letting their dog that chased buffalo and having it charge their car.
If you value your sanity don't go during peak seasons
saddlesore

Postby Lefty » 04 28, 2024 •  [Post 6]

saddlesore wrote:We use to go about every year during late September. Still heavy with tourist. I could fill pages with what we have seen. People surrounding a moose taking photos with little point and shoot cameras, getting to close with a grizzly with cubs, letting their dog that chased buffalo and having it charge their car.
If you value your sanity don't go during peak seasons

We went Covid April. We were the only one at Mamoth,,, and a Ranger came out of a building with her mask on,,,,, Then on some boardwalk,,, us and one other vehicle in a parking lot ,,, all with masks on.
Lefty