Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Where is the best

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Where is the best

Postby Mikeha33 » 07 30, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Where is the best online site/store/webpage (something like Craigslist, aimed at the outdoorsman) that you guys have found to buy used hunting/backpacking equipment? I know I have seen posts on here mentioning some, but I can't seem to find them now that I am looking for them.
Mikeha33

First Name: Michael
Last Name: Halsey

Re: Where is the best

Postby elkmtngear » 07 30, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Ebay always has some good deals, I've picked up a few items there over the years
Best of Luck,
Jeff (Elknut Forums Sponsor)
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/elk-mountain/introducing-the-worlds-most-versatile-blind
the Elk Mountain SLIP System...SLIP it on, SLIP in, and get the SHOT!
elkmtngear
Site Sponsor

Postby aron » 07 30, 2013 •  [Post 3]

To me it is the classifieds of various forums, not a single website. The forum depends more so what I am looking for as well. If it is archery equipment, I look at Archery Talk, etc. Ebay has also been another good one. Craigslist is a pita as there isn't much backcountry hunting where I'm located. I also wait for 20% off coupons from REI, backcountry, etc or look at places like Steep and Cheap that constantly have discounts.
aron

First Name: Aron

Postby Lefty » 07 30, 2013 •  [Post 4]

[quote="aron"]To me it is the classifieds of various forums, not a single website. The forum depends more so what I am looking for as well. If it is archery equipment, I look at Archery Talk, etc. Ebay has also been another good one. ,......quote]
Same here,....
Bought a Genisis for my daughters, trophy taker sights, cobra release, , a dozen carbon express arrows, $90 shipped
Had some of my boy scouts bought an ultralight 3 man tent that was used one trip off some back packing forum for a fraction of new
Ebay: My wife bought our traillcam for less than 1/2 the price at Cabelas and sportsmans
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby elkaholic » 07 30, 2013 •  [Post 5]

ebay, amazon.com, camofire.com, craigslist. I do my research until I know what I am looking for then watch these sites. Usually you will be able to find it if you can wait.
elkaholic

First Name: Leland
Last Name: Stanford

Where is the best

Postby pointysticks » 07 30, 2013 •  [Post 6]

Just google whatever "for sale". It sends you to all of them. There are forums you never knew existed. And they all ave classifieds. Brace yourself. Only downside is that you have to know what you want.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l