Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Bozeman Mt. Electricity 10/1 -10-4

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Bozeman Mt. Electricity 10/1 -10-4

Postby Breeze » 08 21, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Any thoughts on where I could plug in a freezer for a few days in/near Bozeman Mt. ? 10/1-10/4

Here is the shortened version: I'm elk hunting in Idaho 9/1 till 10/1 taking freezer. Driving back home to Wisconsin with elk in said freezer is my plan. My wife decided to meet me in Bozeman (flying in) 10/1, so we can spend some quality time together in Yellowstone, thereafter she will ride back home to Wi with me. I'm very happy with her idea, and proud to have such a great woman, don't get me wrong. She was not interested in the logistic difficulties because she is used to the freezer being empty. :D

Thanks all!
Breeze

Re: Bozeman Mt. Electricity 10/1 -10-4

Postby twinkieman » 08 21, 2013 •  [Post 2]

You could use a small generator, and just run it a few hours a day to keep your freezer cold.
twinkieman

First Name: marc
Last Name: anderson

Postby westaner » 08 21, 2013 •  [Post 3]

Targee rental near west yellowstone may help. Is it on a trailer?
westaner

First Name: K.C.

Postby Breeze » 08 21, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Well thanks for the input, people.
My wife is a photographer and she came up with a better idea just today since my post. She decided to Yellowstone without me (so I won't get in her way) then will meet me in Bozeman....then 'we can go to the Black Hills'. LOL same problems different cities.

I'm going to look for campgrounds with electricity. The generator idea is a good one, for I've been looking for an excuse to buy one for years.
Breeze

Postby Indian Summer » 08 21, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Find a meat processor and see if he has freezer space if he won't let you plug it in behind his place.

Campground near Black Hills: Exit 34 off of I-90. Suzie's Camp. If heading east make a right then a quick left and follow it only a half mile and there she is. She'll let you plug it in. Your wife will like the place too and easy access back to the highway. http://www.suziescamp.com/

Ever been to the Black Hills?
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Bowhunter » 08 22, 2013 •  [Post 6]

Another Idea might be an inverter. I use a 2400peak/1200continuous inverter. It is a coleman from Cabelas. Cost like $100 to run a freezer in my hitch rack. I run it a little in camp if I have meat and it is needed and then run it while driving. The thing is handy too. Just last week I needed to do some grinding on the Backhoe in a location away from the shop.I just pulled the truck close and did the job. :D
Bowhunter

First Name: Terry
Last Name: H