Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Where did the time go?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Where did the time go?

Postby elkmtngear » 10 29, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Seems like yesterday, I used to carry my daughter face down, in one hand. She loved me to carry her that way when she was a baby, because she had to see what was going on in the world all the time!

Today, she has probably arrived in Parris Island for Marine Corps Boot Camp! Can't believe I won't hear her voice until almost February.

Where the hell did the time go?

Best of Luck,
Jeff (Elknut Forums Sponsor)
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/elk-mountain/introducing-the-worlds-most-versatile-blind
the Elk Mountain SLIP System...SLIP it on, SLIP in, and get the SHOT!
elkmtngear
Site Sponsor

Re: Where did the time go?

Postby Swede » 10 29, 2013 •  [Post 2]

I suspect you never imagined that baby in the tub was a future Marine. I know how you feel. I raised three who have all moved on, and now have families of their own. Don't blink, but before you are ready, you will likely have another baby around on occasion that you can carry on its belly, and enjoy.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby bnsafe » 10 29, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I feel your pain. my daughter moved back to mo for her senior year of high school. I was planning on at least one more year with her. sucks.
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby JJ Overkill » 10 29, 2013 •  [Post 4]

reality check.thanks! Ive been watching my three kids grow up and dreading the day they move on and are no longer my little kids. my oldest is 14 and almost my size so hes really not little anymore. anyways, congrats to your daughter for her choice to serve her country. im sure you are very proud of her. and give her a big thank you for her service from a former service member.
JJ Overkill

First Name: jeremy

Postby elkmtngear » 10 29, 2013 •  [Post 5]

jerinmn wrote:reality check.thanks! Ive been watching my three kids grow up and dreading the day they move on and are no longer my little kids. my oldest is 14 and almost my size so hes really not little anymore. anyways, congrats to your daughter for her choice to serve her country. im sure you are very proud of her. and give her a big thank you for her service from a former service member.

Thanks Jeremy. Sounds like you still have a couple of "little ones" left...enjoy it while you can!

I'm really stoked for her...she qualified for the Clarinet slot in the Marine Corps Band, so she'll be attending the Navy School of Music.
She was attending College for a Semester and living in Town after High School, so I had some time to get used to her not being home all the time...but she used to call me, or meet me every day.

I've talked to a lot of parents lately, I realize I'm very lucky to have such a good relationship with her...could be much worse!

Swede wrote: Don't blink, but before you are ready, you will likely have another baby around on occasion that you can carry on its belly, and enjoy.

Swede, as tempting as it sounds...I can wait a little while for that ;) Like you said, I'm sure it will be before I am ready! :(
Best of Luck,
Jeff (Elknut Forums Sponsor)
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/elk-mountain/introducing-the-worlds-most-versatile-blind
the Elk Mountain SLIP System...SLIP it on, SLIP in, and get the SHOT!
elkmtngear
Site Sponsor

Postby ElkNut1 » 10 30, 2013 •  [Post 6]

Jeff, I hear ya bud, it does fly, you blink & there goes 5 years right by ya! (grin)

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby JimKirk » 11 01, 2013 •  [Post 7]

awesome young lady and daughter you got there but yep you still miss them everyday. especially them little girls that are now young women!
JimKirk

First Name: kirk