Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

this is going to be a good week for my family!!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

this is going to be a good week for my family!!

Postby pointysticks » 12 10, 2013 •  [Post 1]

my wife graduates from nursing school on friday!! seems like just yesterday when my wife came home crying..telling me she just got papers and was laid off from her job in commercial financing. (ground zero, of the bubble burst IMHO). she HATED that job. but she still hated not leaving on her own terms.

we rallied!! she has always wanted to be a nurse..so it was off to the races. she filled in a few blanks in her previous college classes and completed all her pre-required classes. all the classes were full, but she talked to each professor, who then let her in. then she started applying for nursing schools. i was nervous. in my area, we are talking 6000 applicants, for 60 open spaces. she got accepted to two schools!!

now she gradutates!!

money was tight! my hunting budget was squeezed tight. my race car budget..was completely removed, destroyed, reallocated :(.

now the real hurdle. getting a nursing job. in my area, there is the nation's only nursing surplus. i am REALLY nervous. she may go to my hometown, and we suffer living apart for 1 year, so she can gain valuable experience..so she can get a local job. right now, new nurse grads are not getting hired. you need the 1 year work experience.

we will see. crossing my fingers. interesting time in my life. for now, PARTY!
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Re: this is going to be a good week for my family!!

Postby Swede » 12 10, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Congratulation to you and your wife. I know it was a total commitment for both of you. Give her a big kiss, bouquet and take her out for a special dinner. You both deserve it. Good luck on the job hunt.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby bnsafe » 12 10, 2013 •  [Post 3]

congrats. my wife an I are both nurses so we know the ropes. well done. shoot me a pm an tell me where ya live. interesting there arnt even nsg home jobs there.
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby pointysticks » 12 11, 2013 •  [Post 4]

thanks you two.

it has been fun. i do most of the cooking anyways, so it was fun to have meals ready for her and the study groups. i will definitely be in the running for the "most supportive husband" award. haha. one day, i spooned out big bowls of steaming Posole for her gang.. i think they all wanted to marry me.

the worst part of it was my wife chasing me around to try stuff on me..like feel my liver. seriously? :) i did offer to let her give me flu shots, and IV's..but they had to jab each other. fun!

BN..PM incoming.
pointysticks

Postby bnsafe » 12 11, 2013 •  [Post 5]

lol, I remember those days. she will get over that quickly. doesn't hurt to tell her you need a physical ever once in awhile though ;)
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby pointysticks » 12 11, 2013 •  [Post 6]

bnsafe wrote:lol, I remember those days. she will get over that quickly. doesn't hurt to tell her you need a physical ever once in awhile though ;)

hahha...yea i was once woken up to a cold thing on my belly. my wife had her stethoscope out, and was trying to listen to my bowel functions. it was kinda hot! hahah.
pointysticks

Postby easeup » 12 11, 2013 •  [Post 7]

congrats pointy. It takes a big man to make those sacrifices for his wife. proud of you too.
easeup

Postby elkmtngear » 12 12, 2013 •  [Post 8]

Congrats, Cliff!

Nurses are the worst patients, but they are the best Wives! I've managed to keep mine around for almost 25 years now.

Handy to have when you really don't feel like going to the E.R. to get stitches as well ;)
Best of Luck,
Jeff (Elknut Forums Sponsor)
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/elk-mountain/introducing-the-worlds-most-versatile-blind
the Elk Mountain SLIP System...SLIP it on, SLIP in, and get the SHOT!
elkmtngear
Site Sponsor