Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Merry Christmas

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Merry Christmas

Postby Swede » 12 23, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Merry Christmas to Elknut and all of you who make this a great place to engage in friendly hunt conversation. I have not made any New Years resolutions. I was thinking of going easier on John Fitzgerald, cnelk, WW, Indian Summer and a few others, but I hate to make resolutions I know I will not keep more than a few minutes.
It would be great to hear what everyone gets for Christmas. I hope WW can use some more fuel for home heating. I saw Santa's bag the other day, and it kinda looked like a box of coal was there with your name on it. I know those Rocky Mountain winters are cold, so hopefully the extra BTUs will help. There was another parcel with a name that started with a W, so maybe there is hope for more for WW. I think I am getting underwear. I could not see if the rest of you were getting anything, so let us know if the old boy stops around your place and if he drops off anything.
WW let us also know if Santa leaves anything off for that vigilant horse of yours. Your horse was definitely doing a great job of protecting the ranch's hay stack. A full time horse and part time watch dog, all in one, is a real asset.
Anyway, Merry Christmas All.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Merry Christmas

Postby bnsafe » 12 23, 2013 •  [Post 2]

merry Christmas to you john, an all the nuts on this site. my daughters home for a few days so I got what I wanted already.
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby ORelksniper » 12 23, 2013 •  [Post 3]

Merry Christmas to you ole buddy, and everyone else around the elknut campfire. I hope 2014 is a good year for all of you.
ORelksniper

Postby Bullnuts » 12 24, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Merry Christmas Swede. Perhaps WW can help you out with an inflatable tree stand this year? As for me, I have my family, my health, my two pointers, and steady employment so anything on top of that will be a bonus! Happy Christmas Nuts and best wishes for a blessed New Year!
Bullnuts

Postby cnelk » 12 24, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Merry Christmas to you, Swede and the others that frequent here.

One of my Christmas gifts is arriving one day late.
On Thursday, I am taking my daughter on her 1st big game hunt.
A father / daughter Whitetail deer hunt in Nebraska for a couple days as she home from college
I am pretty excited!
cnelk

First Name: Brad
Last Name: K

Postby bnsafe » 12 24, 2013 •  [Post 6]

that's awesome brad, good luck
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby >>>---WW----> » 12 24, 2013 •  [Post 7]

Thanks for starting this thread Swede. I was gonna get it going this AM but you beat me to it. So a big MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone!

And let us not forget the true meaning of this day as we gather to celebrate the birth of our blessed savior, Jesus Christ.

May God bless and keep you. Numbers 6: 24
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Indian Summer » 12 24, 2013 •  [Post 8]

Yep... thanks for the kind wishes Swede. xoxoxo :lol:

It's been a great year on here. Learning about elk hunting but even better yet getting to know all of you. I have no doubt we'll take it to the next level in 2014.

Happy Holidays to all my fellow elknuts! And please..... be safe out there guys and gals!!!!!
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 24, 2013 •  [Post 9]

Merry Xmas to you also Swede and the rest of the elknuts who frequent this great forum. I'm thankfull that so many students of the game gather here and share information. Kind of reminds me of a classroom, with Elknut1 himself being the teacher in front of the class room. I see many of the brightest stars in the front rows offering experienced, elky information concerning the daily lessons (cnelk, WW, Indian Summer, Swede, bullnuts, Troy from GCCs, elkmtngear, flystrait, otcWill, etc.). J. Fitzgerald and I keep getting sent to the principals office for some reason, or, made to sit in the very back row in the classroom. We "did not" shoot spit wads at Swede.. he's lying :D

Hope you all have a very merry Christmas and happy New Year!
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 24, 2013 •  [Post 10]

Thanks all for being a part of the Forums, we would have nothing if it weren't for such great & generous folks! May God Bless us all!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby JJ Overkill » 12 24, 2013 •  [Post 11]

marry Christmas to everyone here. I hope all is well with you and your loved ones. im enjoying my little family now. about to pull my hair out. KIDS!!! :lol: oh how I wouldn't give it up for the world.
JJ Overkill

First Name: jeremy

Postby Swede » 12 25, 2013 •  [Post 12]

Well, I got no under ware and no socks for Christmas. I did get a nice sweater and a trail camera. The sweater is more for church and going to town, than for wearing while hunting, but the trail camera is all hunting. :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby cnelk » 12 25, 2013 •  [Post 13]

No underwear for me either. My mom knitted me a pair of wool socks that will rival the best on the market
I did get a little something for elk camp for celebratory occasions
I also got a new bench vise for my shop, and a cordless filet knife

cnelk

First Name: Brad
Last Name: K