Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Our Tuna Video!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Our Tuna Video!

Postby flystrait » 01 03, 2014 •  [Post 1]

I know this mostly a hunting forum, but i wanted to share the Tuna video we out together this fall. Old c2 my partner is getting pretty good at these. I hope you enjoy it. BTW we did catch some fish!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTr02Ke5 ... e=youtu.be

Thanks
Craig
flystrait

Re: Our Tuna Video!

Postby bnsafe » 01 03, 2014 •  [Post 2]

looks fun, enjoyed the video. had to mute the music tho
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby flystrait » 01 03, 2014 •  [Post 3]

Thanks. We were out 50 miles offshore until we found them out of West Port, WA
flystrait

Postby ElkNut1 » 01 04, 2014 •  [Post 4]

Craig, very cool!! Did anyone get sea sick, I was prone to that many years back. I want you to know I really enjoyed the clip there, that is amazing in the first part of the video how the guy spun the big rig around & backed it in to the dock, not sure if most know how difficult that is to do, it was sweet! My son would love this clip as he really loves deep sea fishing, I will share this with him. Thanks!

p.s. my son picked up a cool jetboat several months back with a 454 & has been running a few lakes & rivers, we're planning on a few trips up the main salmon, it' can be a rough stretch of waters heading up it 15-20 miles but what an adventure in doing it & learning to run the river! Your clip for some reason reminded me of it! (grin)

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby bnsafe » 01 04, 2014 •  [Post 5]

I was just kidding bout the music btw.
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby flystrait » 01 04, 2014 •  [Post 6]

Thanks Paul..

I believe 3 of them were not feeling very well, I don't wish that on anybody as it is just plain miserable. Glad to hear Paul jr is excited about his new boat. That is a lot of power and learning new rivers is exciting and very challenging as well. I have a 23' Custom Weld Jet I use from the ocean to the rivers. I also have though about running the salmon for late season deer..

Music what music.. Just kidding it seemed to fit the video pretty well.
flystrait

Postby ElkNut1 » 01 04, 2014 •  [Post 7]

Paul II is a quick learner & has more guts than a man should have! (grin) He will learn the Salmon in one or two trips. He's ran the snake river on his own & many who have run it for years could not believe he did it without any coaching, he's just that kind a guy. Once he knows the Salmon you should come on up & we can all go on his boat if you'd like so you could familiarize yourself with it. We too plan on some secluded Muley hunting out that way! (grin) His boat is a 23' weldcraft. It's considered a river boat, he studied it real well & has quite a few friends here who own jet boats so they helped a bunch in steering in him in the right direction on his purchase.

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby flystrait » 01 05, 2014 •  [Post 8]

ElkNut1 wrote:Paul II is a quick learner & has more guts than a man should have! (grin) He will learn the Salmon in one or two trips. He's ran the snake river on his own & many who have run it for years could not believe he did it without any coaching, he's just that kind a guy. Once he knows the Salmon you should come on up & we can all go on his boat if you'd like so you could familiarize yourself with it. We too plan on some secluded Muley hunting out that way! (grin) His boat is a 23' weldcraft. It's considered a river boat, he studied it real well & has quite a few friends here who own jet boats so they helped a bunch in steering in him in the right direction on his purchase.

ElkNut1

I would look forward to that Paul.

Thanks
Craig
flystrait