Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

here we go again!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

here we go again!

Postby archery bum » 01 09, 2014 •  [Post 1]

http://dnr.state.co.us/newsapp/press.asp?PressId=8712
what the heck is wrong with people! Shoot them in the paw and leg snares, them guys must have mental issues. Then there guides going along with it. They all need to have a lifetime band on their outfitter licence and hunting licences for all states in the USA!
archery bum

First Name: archery
Last Name: bum

Re: here we go again!

Postby easeup » 01 09, 2014 •  [Post 2]

as I got older I have realized that too many people have no courage to do nothing more than speak up when they see something going on.

there has to be many more that knew things and didn't report anything or even went along with it.
easeup

Postby Still Hunter » 01 09, 2014 •  [Post 3]

I posted this on another forum. I say.............HANG THEM
Still Hunter

Postby Swede » 01 09, 2014 •  [Post 4]

As usual, this activity was not about hunting. It was greed, and probably a desire for stardom! I wonder how many people had to gag through a session, listening to them brag how great they were at hunting and guiding. Just my random thoughts.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Elkduds » 01 09, 2014 •  [Post 5]

The only thing worse than a poacher is a poaching outfitter. This case has an element that transcends greed. The cruelty of deliberately crippling animals is assholiness. To me, penalties for poaching are far too mild. That is one reason why poaching is rampant. I read an article a while back that in which a CO wildlife official estimated that for every legally take big game animal, another was poached. Take poachers' assets, and sentence them to long terms of useful public service to wildlife agencies. Also, they never hunt again.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby Indian Summer » 01 10, 2014 •  [Post 6]

Id like to do like the ancient Romans and put those guys in a pit with some really hungry Bengal tigers. A-holes!
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Bowhunter » 01 10, 2014 •  [Post 7]

Indian Summer wrote:Id like to do like the ancient Romans and put those guys in a pit with some really hungry Bengal tigers. A-holes!

Great idea, but you need to shoot them in the foot first so the tigers have the scent of fresh blood.
Bowhunter

First Name: Terry
Last Name: H

Postby archery bum » 01 10, 2014 •  [Post 8]

I know why they did it "MONEY"(the love of money the root of all evil)! I'm sure maybe some bragging rights. It sure is a big downer the way are society has evolved. Back when I was a young man your word and a hand shake was better than a signed contract. Now you can shake someones hand and take their word and it don't mean squat. There was honor and self pride in people,there are a few people out their you can trust but far and few between. My mom raised me to trust and see the good in people, I had to raise my kids not to talk or trust anybody they didn't know and some people they did know. That is a sad reality we live in and getting worse. Sorry for the rant this stuff just gets under my skin!
archery bum

First Name: archery
Last Name: bum

Postby Swede » 01 10, 2014 •  [Post 9]

archery bum wrote: Back when I was a young man your word and a hand shake was better than a signed contract.
Nostalgia is a wonderful thing. I remember when I was young. There were plenty of cheats and outright scoundrels back then. When I was newly married, and just starting to raise a family it really hurt to get cheated out of the $300 I was owed for a job. I was a quick learner and never got cheated twice by the same person. Probably the big difference between then and now is that I have become more cautious and protect myself a little better. Keep on doing right and continue smiling.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics