Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Docs office post while in a Docs office

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Docs office post while in a Docs office

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 03 03, 2014 •  [Post 1]

I won a fun trip to the X-ray machine for pictures of my lungs. They think I have pneumonia. Guess that's what I get for running with a cold out in the cold. :-)
JohnFitzgerald

Re: Docs office post while in a Docs office

Postby ORelksniper » 03 03, 2014 •  [Post 2]

Hopefully when you get older, JF, you'll get wiser.

Good luck and get well, buddy.
ORelksniper

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 03, 2014 •  [Post 3]

Yak. That sucks pond water out of a straw. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Blackberry Brandy is prescribed as a night cap until you're feeling better (old Montana grandmother remedy).
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 03 03, 2014 •  [Post 4]

Dang, did the doc and the wife compare notes right before so they could chew my a$$ the same way. LOL!
JohnFitzgerald

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 03 03, 2014 •  [Post 5]

So, no pneumonia . They are concerned that I only have 94% oxygenation. Why's that bad, that's the first damn "A" I ever got on a test! :D
JohnFitzgerald

Postby Swede » 03 03, 2014 •  [Post 6]

Take some time to do some reading and get plenty of rest. You have time to heal up and get ready for hunting season. Just take care of yourself and get well. :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby mtnmutt » 03 03, 2014 •  [Post 7]

JohnFitzgerald wrote:So, no pneumonia . They are concerned that I only have 94% oxygenation. Why's that bad, that's the first damn "A" I ever got on a test! :D

They may be concerned that your level goes down even further at night. They do not want you below 90.

When I lived at 10K, my daytime was 90-92 and 80 at night (sleep study). 80 is very bad. I had to go on oxygen at night. Eventually, I started having daytime at 94-96.

I moved down to 6K and my daytime went to 98-99. With nighttime at 94-95 (another sleep study).

When I camp and hunt at 10-12K, I do not notice any issues. I am sure my level goes down, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying a good night's sleep or go out hiking or hunting.
mtnmutt

Postby jrnorton4 » 03 06, 2014 •  [Post 8]

JohnFitzgerald wrote:I won a fun trip to the X-ray machine for pictures of my lungs. They think I have pneumonia. Guess that's what I get for running with a cold out in the cold. :-)

Dang, we must have been thinking alike last weekend. I went walking/running Sunday and went to the Dr yesterday for relapsing whatever this crap is for the third time! Was told it was from getting out in the changing weather for extended periods. Glad you don't have pneumonia, they told me I didn't either. Hope they can find a way to get your oxygen up.
jrnorton4

Postby flystrait » 03 06, 2014 •  [Post 9]

I feel for you bud. I had the same crap as well to start the year. It was miserable It took me all of 6 weeks to get back to normal the cough will hang on for a while. Good luck take the antibiotics and rest when you can.
flystrait

Postby ctdad » 03 06, 2014 •  [Post 10]

Twice this winter I've had respiratory issues after working out that lingers. I cough a lot and my chest feels tight and I'm wheezing. No history of asthma but Google says I've developed exercise induced asthma. It's a form of inflammatory airway disease I guess. I have a doctor's appt scheduled but haven't been yet. The cold air seems to aggravate it too.
ctdad