Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

i'm so proud of my wife. she passed nursing exam!!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

i'm so proud of my wife. she passed nursing exam!!

Postby pointysticks » 04 18, 2014 •  [Post 1]

not only passed,, she aced it!! the test is on a computer. as you chug along answering questions, it tallies them up..if you are kicking butt, they determine you are good and the system stops the test..best you can do..it stops at 75 questions. boom! she did it.

most people take the full 260 questions and have to wait for a letter telling if you passed or not..not my wife.

i forget, but i think it has been five years since she has been laid off, and pursuing this second degree. i parked my race car to save money..and actually put it back to street driving mode..she took it to school quite often.

i am having dreams of carbon fiber bows, and distant exotic vacation/hunting trips! hahaha.

you know what the best thing is? we have learned to live so easily on my salary. piece of cake..i still get to buy the occasional bow..i get to go hunting for elk/deer/turkey..i do it all on the cheap, but i get to do it. we kept up on our savings..my wife never stopped. personally, if my wife gets this job, i hope and pray we still maintain this level of living..

no new house, no new truck..i dont need to do track days anymore with the race car.

she did however give me the green light to plan a Moose hunt in AK if her job situation looks good. wow.

jobs are scarce where i am. they are there, but NOBODY is hiring new grads. they all require one year of experience..bummer. my hunting friend in TX..him and his wife both offered her a job in TX. they want to give her that one-year so she can take it back to california. super cool friends. we shall see what happens..

i am happy to be where we are. 2014 is turning out awesome. (i just signed papers and refi'd my house for a 15 yr loan!! i thought i was underwater..not even close!)
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Re: i'm so proud of my wife. she passed nursing exam!!

Postby Swede » 04 18, 2014 •  [Post 2]

That sure sounds great. Congratulations to the both of you. I sure hope she can find a good nursing job near home. I would think someone there could use a really smart nurse.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby zpd307 » 04 18, 2014 •  [Post 3]

I know the feeling. the wife has been a rn for two years now. the rn program almost did ourselves in..... tell her congrats from me!
zpd307

First Name: gary
Last Name: s

Postby easeup » 04 18, 2014 •  [Post 4]

more congrats to her and to you for the support provided.
My hat is off to the nurses for the compassion shown to those needing care
easeup

Postby Indian Summer » 04 18, 2014 •  [Post 5]

NICE! I can appreciate that. At school they tell us we can take the periodic tests over one time if we really want to and need to... then as the program director announced it she looked at me and said..... if you need to not because you got 99% and want 100 and laughed.

Are you taking her out to celebrate?
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Triplebhunters » 04 19, 2014 •  [Post 6]

That's really great!!! Hats off to her!!!
Triplebhunters

First Name: Dave

Postby BrentLaBere » 04 21, 2014 •  [Post 7]

That's awesome. Tell her congrats.
BrentLaBere

First Name: Brent
Last Name: LaBere

Postby Z Barebow » 04 28, 2014 •  [Post 8]

Congrats to the both of you!

My daughter is pursuing a BSN in Nursing and is on track to graduate in Dec of 2015. She has taken two HESI tests and scored over 100 on them and in the 99th percentile. (She has her CNA certificate, which she received while still in high school).

More nursing jobs here than you can shake a stick. Hiring bonuses and paying off loans if you stick with them for X amount of time.

My daughters tentative plan is to come back home and work to pay off loans. (We might give a break on rent! LOL!) If you can handle cold for a few years, come to ND.
Z Barebow

First Name: Brian
Last Name: Zastoupil

Postby AZ Vince » 05 02, 2014 •  [Post 9]

Congrats!
God had certainly blessed you and your wife. Good luck in your future hunts and congrats again to your wife.
AZ Vince

First Name: Vince
Last Name: Dagiel