Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

did my first SPIN class yesterday.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

did my first SPIN class yesterday.

Postby pointysticks » 06 14, 2014 •  [Post 1]

my wife. i've been plenty proud of her. she has been hitting the gym hard for the past 3 weeks. perfect attendance. doing it right.

she asked me to do a spin class with her. for support..sure!! i took Friday off.

never done a spin class before. i knew enough to wear my camo baggy cycling shorts. and my cycling shoes. my shoes were crusty with mud, and full of burrs. whatever. i trudge in. looking at my shoes, the lady instructor kinda singles me out. she asked me if i mountain bike. i said yes..i set my bike up and take a test pedal. resistance can be adjusted from zero to "damn!" in just a few twist of this red knob.

poof! the class took off. fake mountain riding. up hills. fake mountians..just an all out sprint. i almost cried when i looked at the clock for the first time thru my squinted sweaty eyes. 10 minutes??!!!

like backpacking..the first few moments sucked. but you hit that stride. second wind. i was off. it was fun keeping pace with the instructor. she did these 30 second full blast sprints with 10 second rest periods..ugly.

in the end..i was happy to hear her announce the cool down period. the music while ispirational..was sucky. CHER, GAGA..some weird disco verison of moody blues.. no ACDC.

will i do it again? maybe. actual mountain biking in my local hills is the better workout. and i see deer and turkey.

i cannot wait for my backpack hunt. i feel prepped. let's do this!
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Re: did my first SPIN class yesterday.

Postby zpd307 » 06 14, 2014 •  [Post 2]

yuppy....... :lol: seriously, I heard those classes kick your ass!
zpd307

First Name: gary
Last Name: s