its official!

Postby zpd307 » 07 15, 2014 •  [Post 1]

I bought my Idaho tags today! also picked up a wolf tag, just in case.... :D
zpd307

First Name: gary
Last Name: s

Re: its official!

Postby Swede » 07 15, 2014 •  [Post 2]

Good for you Gary. I hope you fill both of your tags. I bought my deer, elk and cougar tags today. I thought about getting a bear tag, but I really don't want one.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby pointysticks » 07 15, 2014 •  [Post 3]

awesome!!

now add this exercise to your routine. take a log and mount it on a saw horse about 6 inches higher than your crotch. glue sandpaper all over and a hammer nails partially into it..cut the heads off the nails. now step/crawl/straddle over it over and over and over again..

the area we were in..was littered with deadfall. like the Almighty himself had the universe's biggest JENGA game and somebody threw a tantrum and refused to pick up the pieces. it was AWFUL.

(but we got an elk first time out..:))
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby zpd307 » 07 16, 2014 •  [Post 4]

:lol: no worries on the deadfalls. we had plenty where we hunted in Colorado..... some places it was easier to walk on them then over them. I felt like I was in the circus on a high wire.
zpd307

Postby pointysticks » 07 16, 2014 •  [Post 5]

Haha.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby Lefty » 07 16, 2014 •  [Post 6]

zpd307 wrote:I bought my Idaho tags today! also picked up a wolf tag, just in case.... :D

A bit cheaper if you are a resident ;) and includes a bit more
Combination - Sportsman's Package $ 124.25
RESIDENTS ONLY - The Sportsman's Package includes all rights and privileges associated with a Resident Adult Combination License plus tags for deer, elk, bear, mountain lion, wolf, turkey, salmon and steelhead. Archery and muzzleloader are validated on the license. Receipts will be given if tags are unavailable at time of purchase.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby twinkieman » 07 16, 2014 •  [Post 7]

Congrats Gary! I really hope you succeed on both, just as Swede said.
twinkieman

First Name: marc
Last Name: anderson

Postby zpd307 » 07 16, 2014 •  [Post 8]

dennis, why are you rubbing it in? I already know how much you residents have to pay..... :D I tried that tactic on the wife all ready, didn't work :roll: I really put the screws to her while we in the big horns last week, that didn't work either. I guess I am stuck with paying nonresident prices..... like I said, we will be in your neck of the woods in 3 short weeks!
as far as the wolf tag goes, its more of a novelty. it was cheap enough to say why not. I suppose we should bring a rifle for the just in case.
zpd307

Postby zpd307 » 07 21, 2014 •  [Post 9]

Idaho sure is johnny on the spot! my tags were waiting for me in the mail today. we were camping this weekend so they could have gotten here on sat. my hunting partner finally got his archery affidavit faxed in and they called him a couple of days later telling him that he was good to go! nice.....
zpd307