One Good Kid

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 24, 2014 •  [Post 1]

Thought you cats may enjoy seeing this.

http://nethugs.com/inspirational/storie ... o-soldier/
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: One Good Kid

Postby Mikeha33 » 07 24, 2014 •  [Post 2]

That's good stuff Rory. I saw that a while back, and I was impressed, and motivated. I have a 3-1/2 year old son named Memphis, and he is right in the heart of the "Why" stage, and when that comes about, we get off on some of the most awesome discussions, where I love giving him information about anything that he can think to ask. Anyways, A couple weeks ago, we were playing together, and I said something along the lines of yeah, he saved the town, so he's a hero. Well, it turned into a discussion of what a hero was, and what defines a hero as such, and we discusses Police, Firefighters, ambulance men (as he refers to them), and military personnel, (Army guys to him). Fast forward 2 weeks, and Memphis and I are in Home Depot, and a young soldier in uniform was in line in front of us, and Memphis asked me why he was wearing an Army costume, so we had a short discussion of what the man did, and why it was important to us, even though we didn't know him. Then as the man was scanning his card, Memphis tapped him on his backside, and said to him "Thanks for keeping me and my Daddy safe, you're a hero." And that was it, the young man said "you're welcome", shook mine and my son's hand, and went about his business.
I was so damn proud, my eyes welled up a little bit right there in line (having kids has turned me into a big ol softy). Kids are what you make them, and I intend to invest enough love, compassion, and respect, for mine to react like the young man in the video. To all Military personnel, you don't get to hear it enough, "Thank you for your service".
Mikeha33

First Name: Michael
Last Name: Halsey

Postby zpd307 » 07 24, 2014 •  [Post 3]

I will admit it, my eyes got watery. very touching story!
zpd307

First Name: gary
Last Name: s

Postby ElkNut1 » 07 24, 2014 •  [Post 4]

Man that's some good stuff there! That kid has a heart of gold. Really sorry for him losing his dad, truly sorry!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby LckyTylr » 07 24, 2014 •  [Post 5]

That's awesome. Just what a guy needs after a long day of wondering "where has all the decency gone".

What a kid, I hope he understands some day just how much that simple act has impacted families around the country.
LckyTylr

First Name: Tyler
Last Name: Sisson