Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

the half-arse anti hunter.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

the half-arse anti hunter.

Postby pointysticks » 10 13, 2014 •  [Post 1]

gah!! i belong to a car enthusiast forum. we talk older Porsches and how to keep them running..like all forums,there is an off-topic section.

i have all but quit visiting, since there are so many anti hunters..

let me back up. i can RESPECT the vegan, animal-lover, rabid, in-yo-face, 10 cat owning, 12 dog owning..anti hunter. deep down inside me, i respect the fact that they dont EAT delicious meat because they love the animals to a more meaningful level that only they understand. i get it.. my wife's best friend is one. she is smart, witty, and vegan..we agree to disagree and we still love each other despite the chasm of our life choice. mutual respect. i dont talk about hunting in front of her, and she doesnt preach animal-love to me. having her over for dinner is easy..i cook great veggie dishes and everyone is happy.

it is the meat eating, store buying, fool that i cannot stomach. same thing. multiple pets in the home..full on carnivores. they are okay with eating meat bought from a store!! i once asked it they write hate email to the guy at the meat factory, killing the pigs, cows, and chickens that they then cut up and put into neat, wrapped packages for him..the guy insulating him from the killing process.. NO ANSWER!!

i once got into this very same debate with a man and wife, over at a burger joint as we drove to a hunting spot. my buddy was wearing his camo..

i called them half-arse anti hunters. it didnt go well.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Re: the half-arse anti hunter.

Postby Rangerz » 10 13, 2014 •  [Post 2]

I'll have to agree with you on this.

Once had a girl I worked with ask me how I could kill a deer. She didn't like when I said "aim just behind the shoulder and squeeze the trigger".
Rangerz

First Name: Chris
Last Name: Poole

Postby Ghost » 10 13, 2014 •  [Post 3]

What gets me is the holier than thou conviction that some how their way of life is far superior to mine. Nobody is without blood on their hands when it comes to causing the deaths of animals be it directly or indirectly, from the purist vegan to the subsistence hunter, day in day out our very actions cause animals to die. You say you eat no animal products, wear no animal skins, only use products that weren't tested on animals, guess what you still kill animals, every time a combiner runs through a field animals die, they die so you can have you belly filled and I could go on and on.
Ghost

First Name: Cort
Last Name: A

Postby Indian Summer » 10 24, 2014 •  [Post 4]

Aw c'mon Pointy... they are so knowledgeable on the subject of meat, food, and where it all comes from.....
Attachments
anti ad.jpg
anti ad.jpg (48.37 KiB) Viewed 2828 times
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby zpd307 » 10 24, 2014 •  [Post 5]

that's fing hilarious!
zpd307

First Name: gary
Last Name: s

Postby wawhitey » 10 24, 2014 •  [Post 6]

That had to be a joke. I know a lot of people are really really dumb, but thats pushing it.
wawhitey

Postby Elkduds » 10 24, 2014 •  [Post 7]

Many who weren't raised around hunting don't get it, and oppose it. So every youth we mentor in hunting is another who will not become anti. Think how many youths you know that have no family access to hunting. Not how I was raised, but still... In CO the CPW has many organized youth hunting opportunities, but too few adult mentors for all the interested girls and boys.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby pointysticks » 10 25, 2014 •  [Post 8]

I grew up in a non hunt family. My mom didn't get it, but she figured fishing and hunting was better than being graffiti artist.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby itsnlkthing » 10 29, 2014 •  [Post 9]

This is one that really gets under my skin. They have no clue about where food comes from and want to preach to everyone about how "cruel" hunting is. It's as bad as hunters who donate to the SPCA, Sierra Club and WWF, not even realizing that these are some of the most anti-hunting organizations around.
itsnlkthing

First Name: Steve
Last Name: DeWeese