Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Do you feel the urge to prove to others you're right?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Do you feel the urge to prove to others you're right?

Postby pointysticks » 11 18, 2014 •  [Post 1]

I grew up in the a hostile environment. My sister. As a result, I'm pretty righteous. Petty things even. If I'm right, I want others especially the person I think is "wrong" to acknowledge it.

Correction. I used to be like that ^^^. I married my opposite. I'm learning new things from her. For example, to let things go. It's difficult to accept that knowing I'm right inwardly is enough. Haha.

Internet forums don't help. It is amazing how we need to voice our opinions. This place is very good. Maybe the best. But even then. Just putting it out there.
I'm relatively young. I think I'll get it before I die.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Re: Do you feel the urge to prove to others you're right?

Postby Lefty » 11 18, 2014 •  [Post 2]

Im always right :roll:

I teach at an alternative school with some strong individuals. Seldom do I want to prove the facts or truth to my students. Time and experience generally provides the real answer to them
If students asks for proof or validity I try to let them find it, not provide it or toss it in their face

We do have an exception currently in our classroom. The student constantly lies about anything and everything. I tend to let my aid prove the facts,... she really seems to proving the facts
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H