Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Boots

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Boots

Postby ohio boy » 12 27, 2014 •  [Post 1]

Well im in the market for a new pair of all round hiking/hunting boot. I got $300 in cabela gift cards for christmas. I like my danners but seen alot of good reviews on meindl's and kenetrek. Anyone have these kinds and if so whats your opinion??
ohio boy

Re: Boots

Postby realunlucky » 12 27, 2014 •  [Post 2]

Stiff shank boots take some getting used to since the sole doesn't flex. Try as many styles as you can and see which fit your feet best. I've had good luck with the Denalis. On my fourth year and they taken everything I have thrown at them
realunlucky

Postby Indian Summer » 12 27, 2014 •  [Post 3]

Love my Kenetrek Mountain Extremes. RealUnlucky it the nail on the head though. They have a steel shank and the manufacturer recommends at minimum of 50 miles to break them in. This is one boot you don't want to wear to hunt elk right out of the box. But break in a tough boot like that and you have a heck of an elk hunting tool.

Boots are extremely important. But everyone's feet are different so it's always a difficult question to ask on talk forums. See this thread in the in the gear forum and you'll get some good input from a thread I started asking about boots for milder weather: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5480
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Ghost » 12 28, 2014 •  [Post 4]

Ghost

First Name: Cort
Last Name: A

Postby pointysticks » 12 29, 2014 •  [Post 5]

I've decided it is darn near impossible to recommend boots. Our feet are just so different. Kenetreks are way to stiff for me. I run schnees beartooths. Very similar but more flexy
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l