Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Ohio/Indiana Turkey Hunt?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Ohio/Indiana Turkey Hunt?

Postby six » 02 09, 2015 •  [Post 1]

I am looking for some help on hunting turkeys in Ohio or Indiana . I would like to take my son on an out of state hunt this year. It seems the fall is such a busy time for us with football, deer hunting, and school going on all at the same time we cant get away. He has turkey hunted with me a few times here in Michigan and seems to enjoy it. We just aren’t able to commit as much time as we should while we are home and have so many other distractions. I’m thinking if we get away for a 3 or 4 day weekend we could dedicate more time to hunting. I’m thinking stateland in northern Ohio or Indiana as paying for a guide or lease is pretty much out of the question. Can someone message me a good place to start.

Thank you
Mark
Elk are where you find em...
six

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Cool

Re: Ohio/Indiana Turkey Hunt?

Postby Indian Summer » 02 09, 2015 •  [Post 2]

Maybe a guide isn't out of the question. I have a friend in Ohio. (or 20 lol) He guided for me in Montana for about 7 years. He was born to guide I swear. Anyway he has a chunk of property in eastern Ohio near Lisbon that's pretty good. I bet he'd guide you on it for a really low price if you're interested.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby ohio boy » 02 09, 2015 •  [Post 3]

Indian Summer wrote:Maybe a guide isn't out of the question. I have a friend in Ohio. (or 20 lol) He guided for me in Montana for about 7 years. He was born to guide I swear. Anyway he has a chunk of property in eastern Ohio near Lisbon that's pretty good. I bet he'd guide you on it for a really low price if you're interested.

Whats your buddies name from lisbon if you dont mind me asking. I live about 15-20min from there
ohio boy

Postby ohio boy » 02 09, 2015 •  [Post 4]

Mark... Like indian summer said, i live here in eastern ohio and there are alot of "thunder chickens" aka turkeys. I dont really turkey hunt much but my dad does and always gets his every year. So if you head down this way i dont think u'll be disapointed.
ohio boy

Postby Indian Summer » 02 09, 2015 •  [Post 5]

I was just over there yesterday. Took 30 and 11 up from East Liverpool and Chester. His name is Jeff Walter.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby WVARCHER » 02 10, 2015 •  [Post 6]

1/2 hr from me
WVARCHER

Postby six » 02 10, 2015 •  [Post 7]

Indian Summer

Thank you so much for your response. This is why I love this forum so much. Great bunch of guys willing to help each other out without all the squabbling.

Eastern Ohio is a little farther than I wanted to drive, but doable. My son has hunters safety April, 18th. If he passes this would be a good practical exam. He He.

Thanks again.
Elk are where you find em...
six

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Cool