Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Meeting an fellow Elk Nut

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Meeting an fellow Elk Nut

Postby ST52V » 02 14, 2015 •  [Post 1]

Since I was going to be in his neighborhood I let Indian Summer know in advance. He replied we could probably meet up and bs over a sandwich and a cold beer. He took some time out of his day to do just that. It was nice to put a face to all that knowledge. He even gave me some elk meat to get by on while the wife is in Florida this week. Thanks again Joe!! We will have to do it again. Robin
ST52V

First Name: Robin
Last Name: Wise

Re: Meeting an fellow Elk Nut

Postby Indian Summer » 02 14, 2015 •  [Post 2]

I didn't want you to starve to death while the wife was away. :lol:

Why should you get out of marriage so easily anyway?

Good meeting you!
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby pointysticks » 02 14, 2015 •  [Post 3]

Haha.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby ElkNut1 » 02 15, 2015 •  [Post 4]

Very cool guys! It's always great to put a face to a voice or handle!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Indian Summer » 02 16, 2015 •  [Post 5]

It really is Paul. When I drove away I couldn't help but think that an Elknut meet and greet somewhere would be a really good time.
Indian Summer

Postby Conrad8899 » 02 17, 2015 •  [Post 6]

I bet the bull ::: was fly in :D :lol: :lol:
Conrad8899

First Name: Rodney

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 02 17, 2015 •  [Post 7]

ST52V wrote:Since I was going to be in his neighborhood I let Indian Summer know in advance. He replied we could probably meet up and bs over a sandwich and a cold beer. He took some time out of his day to do just that. It was nice to put a face to all that knowledge. He even gave me some elk meat to get by on while the wife is in Florida this week. Thanks again Joe!! We will have to do it again. Robin

Geez Robin, I hope you didn't pick up any bad habits from old Joe (playing quarters with Captain Morgan, spitting on the floor, playing the lawn darts/kitty cat game, etc.).. I really hope he didn't ask you to consider the 14 step, elkaholic's anonymous program (I think he's on the board of directors) :D
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Indian Summer » 02 17, 2015 •  [Post 8]

Actually Phantom I can pretty much do anything I want in that Primanti Brothers restaurant. One time I was in there wearing blaze orange. We had been rabbit hunting. The manager chick came over and started yakking away. She said "I love deer meat. If you guys bring me deer meat your food is on the house" I said "As often as I bring it?" She said "Hell yes!"

So I said to her "What about elk meat? Have you ever eaten that?" She replied "If you bring me that not only is your food free but you can get stupid drunk too" :lol:

She had us howling. My kinda gal.
Indian Summer

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 02 17, 2015 •  [Post 9]

Nice :)
WapitiTalk1

Postby Indian Summer » 02 17, 2015 •  [Post 10]

Oh man I almost forgot... you'll love this one. I went in there over the summer. Around midnight. The place is packed and there's a band playing. It turns out that Lady Antebellum and the Joe Nichols Band had played that night and all the out of town people there were staying in local hotels. The guy next to me looks at me and goes dude! I know who you are! I'm like really... who am I? He says... you cannot bulls__1 me man I was 3 feet from the stage all night & I know exactly who you are. He goes "I have about 100 pictures of you on my phone" He said Lady Antebellum was great but you rocked that place. Best guitarist I ever saw.

Of course by then I got the picture. Mistaken identity big time! I kept telling him he was wrong. He kept repeating "There is no possible way you can bulls_-t me man, no way" He would not take no for an answer. Then he says let me buy you a beer. So I thought to myself... what the hell. I go.. "OK man you got me. But it's been a long night so I just want some low key peace and quiet. I heard this was the best place in town to get a late night bite to eat." :lol: He recommends the Yeungling and tells me what it tastes like. (never mind I've drank a thousand of them) Then I order a sandwich. You think he might have noticed I never even looked at the menu??? Nope. The bartender knows me. She kinda hears what's going on and she is laughing but keeping her mouth shut. Next thing I know these two young chicks walk in. The dude knows them but just from the show. He says "Cmon man let me tell them who you are" I go .. Ok what the hell. "This is the lead guitar player from the Joe Nichols band man!!" he tells them. They were really nice (of course) Real low key. Asked me if I missed living out west. That was an easy one to answer right? At one point I went to the bathroom. When I got back my bill was gone. I looked around for a second and "the dude" says "Its been taken care of sir" I could hardly contain myself!!! He buys me one more beer. Then I went to the bathroom again.... and hung a left and walked out the door. Got on my tour bus... er I mean my bike and drove home.

The next morning I went straight to the computer. I Googled up the Joe Nichols Band. You know.... there wasn't one guy in the band that even looked close to me. I can't imagine what the heck the dude was thinking. But I know he went home to wherever and told everyone he was partying with the worlds best guitar player who rocked Pittsburgh the night before. Is that some funny chit or what! Now when I walk in there in the evenings the bartender girl says "Are you with the band?" :roll:
Indian Summer

Postby ohio boy » 02 17, 2015 •  [Post 11]

Indian Summer wrote:Oh man I almost forgot... you'll love this one. I went in there over the summer. Around midnight. The place is packed and there's a band playing. It turns out that Lady Antebellum and the Joe Nichols Band had played that night and all the out of town people there were staying in local hotels. The guy next to me looks at me and goes dude! I know who you are! I'm like really... who am I? He says... you cannot bulls__1 me man I was 3 feet from the stage all night & I know exactly who you are. He goes "I have about 100 pictures of you on my phone" He said Lady Antebellum was great but you rocked that place. Best guitarist I ever saw.

Of course by then I got the picture. Mistaken identity big time! I kept telling him he was wrong. He kept repeating "There is no possible way you can bulls_-t me man, no way" He would not take no for an answer. Then he says let me buy you a beer. So I thought to myself... what the hell. I go.. "OK man you got me. But it's been a long night so I just want some low key peace and quiet. I heard this was the best place in town to get a late night bite to eat." :lol: He recommends the Yeungling and tells me what it tastes like. (never mind I've drank a thousand of them) Then I order a sandwich. You think he might have noticed I never even looked at the menu??? Nope. The bartender knows me. She kinda hears what's going on and she is laughing but keeping her mouth shut. Next thing I know these two young chicks walk in. The dude knows them but just from the show. He says "Cmon man let me tell them who you are" I go .. Ok what the hell. "This is the lead guitar player from the Joe Nichols band man!!" he tells them. They were really nice (of course) Real low key. Asked me if I missed living out west. That was an easy one to answer right? At one point I went to the bathroom. When I got back my bill was gone. I looked around for a second and "the dude" says "Its been taken care of sir" I could hardly contain myself!!! He buys me one more beer. Then I went to the bathroom again.... and hung a left and walked out the door. Got on my tour bus... er I mean my bike and drove home.

The next morning I went straight to the computer. I Googled up the Joe Nichols Band. You know.... there wasn't one guy in the band that even looked close to me. I can't imagine what the heck the dude was thinking. But I know he went home to wherever and told everyone he was partying with the worlds best guitar player who rocked Pittsburgh the night before. Is that some funny chit or what! Now when I walk in there in the evenings the bartender girl says "Are you with the band?" :roll:

Man thats a good story. See your famous and dont even know it. I take it the guy must of been pretty tuned up!!
ohio boy

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 02 17, 2015 •  [Post 12]

IS, you "are" the most interesting elk hunter..... in the world. Stay stealthy my friend 8-)
WapitiTalk1

Postby ST52V » 02 18, 2015 •  [Post 13]

Conrad8899 wrote:I bet the bull ::: was fly in :D :lol: :lol:

You just get the proper paper work so you can hike us into the Wyoming wilderness and we will show you how it's done!!
ST52V

First Name: Robin

Postby Indian Summer » 02 18, 2015 •  [Post 14]

Phantom16 wrote:IS, you "are" the most interesting elk hunter..... in the world.

Actually I just look like him.... apparently. :roll:
Indian Summer