Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Turkey poults!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Turkey poults!

Postby GobbleFarmer » 06 28, 2015 •  [Post 1]

Not turkey hunting soooo...
My only hen turkey made her nest and has been brooding it like a boss 8-) , but a chicken laid an egg in the same nest :evil: . You all may know that it takes 28 days of incubation for turkey eggs to hatch and only 21 for chickens. So of course the chicken egg hatched first and momma left the nest with "her" chick, so a scramble occurred to set up the incubator and let these turkey eggs finish their time. The little 'bator was broken so the huge one was the only other option, huge as in 200 eggs at a time :o , for just eleven turkey eggs ;) . Today those eggs are beginning to hatch, wish me luck because the 'bator has had a hard time keeping the humidity just right :cry: .

Anyone want some mixed breed heritage turkey poults? :D :lol:
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” ~ Benjamin Franklin.
GobbleFarmer

Re: Turkey poults!

Postby Lefty » 06 28, 2015 •  [Post 2]

the last turkeys I tied to raise a skunk bit their heads off as they stuck their heads through the wire

What is the value of a week old poult in your area( $10.00 here at the farm and seed store)
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby GobbleFarmer » 06 29, 2015 •  [Post 3]

Yep $10 around here too, strait run.
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” ~ Benjamin Franklin.
GobbleFarmer

Postby GobbleFarmer » 08 23, 2015 •  [Post 4]

So one of 'em was gobbling this morning! We have never had turkeys gobble at this young of age before. Crazy! they are so freaking adorable and yes I still have all 9 (only 9 hatched, the 2 other eggs were unfertile) I'm waiting to see if I got any hens, its kinda lookin like they are all toms? what are the chances of that?!
GobbleFarmer

Postby zpd307 » 08 29, 2015 •  [Post 5]

nice!
zpd307

First Name: gary
Last Name: s