Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

going a little crazy

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

going a little crazy

Postby wawhitey » 07 15, 2015 •  [Post 1]

Month and a half left before i can start hunting big game!! Having trouble dealing with the wait. Ive checked all of my cameras, took my bow into the shop for a tune up, blazed a trail on my property to sneak into a good spot to watch my hill for rifle deer, oh and hacked out a bunch of excess brush on the hill itself. In the morning im going on a 40 mile quad ride (round trip) from my house to go hike a good looking canyon ive been meaning to look into. Will most likely hang another cam there. Day after tomorrow another ugly hike into a spot i found tons of elk/deer sign this spring to hang another cam. Then what? More scouting i guess, but this weather makes for some sweaty hiking. I cant be the only one who gets this way as hunting season approaches. Feel like if im not out doing something to get a jump on hunting season im just wasting time. This is the hardest part of the year. Can anybody recommend some good sedatives?
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: going a little crazy

Postby Fridaythe13th » 07 16, 2015 •  [Post 2]

I'm super jealous. But another summer job might be the answer. Extra money for toys (bow, guns or dream hunt). If there is a golf course near buy maybe they need someone to mow lawn.
Fridaythe13th

First Name: Eric
Last Name: S

Postby Raghorn_Reaper » 07 16, 2015 •  [Post 3]

I like running and really pushing myself. I feel like Rocky working out before the big fight.
Raghorn_Reaper

Postby zpd307 » 07 18, 2015 •  [Post 4]

I have a ton of home projects that are keeping my mind and body occupied. at this rate I am hoping to have enough time to get them done before elk season.... I am in the middle of a driveway widening project. doing it by hand to save money and get some workouts out of it. I have lost almost 15 pounds this summer and am the lightest I have been in years. I am already below last years elk weight. I fixing to get back into the 170s!
zpd307

First Name: gary
Last Name: s