Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

fires everywhere

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

fires everywhere

Postby wawhitey » 08 14, 2015 •  [Post 1]

Wont be surprised if the nat forest gates are locked up come september. Everythings burning. Fire 2 miles east from my house. Wind is currently blowing north. Im stuck up in alaska but my parents are ready to haul all my important (hunting gear / taxidermy) stuff from my house for me. Man we really need rain.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: fires everywhere

Postby Elkduds » 08 14, 2015 •  [Post 2]

We have had our share of fires in CO, and those will continue in the future. Some lives were lost; many more changed for years, or permanently. Floods follow fires. Some landscapes recover, quickly or more gradually. Some are permanently altered. Whitey and all others on fire alert. I am sending my strongest prayers for your safety and the security of your property.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby wawhitey » 08 19, 2015 •  [Post 3]

This is the one by my house. I didnt take the pic, havent even been home for a month.
Attachments
Marble valley basin fire.jpg
Marble valley basin fire.jpg (31.44 KiB) Viewed 2044 times
wawhitey

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 19, 2015 •  [Post 4]

Sucks huge Whitey. My mom in NW MT has a couple of bad ones pretty close to her place. Need our Native American brothers to do a rain dance for the mountain states!
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby wawhitey » 08 29, 2015 •  [Post 5]

Damn. The coyote canyon fire to the south of me is blowing up big time. Moved 10 miles north in one day and is now less than 12 miles from me, with 25-30 mph sustained winds, and gusts to 60 today, blowing it right toward me. Standing by ready to pack out my important crap. Sure wish this would end. Torrential downpour for a week would be nice
wawhitey

Postby 8upbowhunter » 08 29, 2015 •  [Post 6]

wawhitey wrote:Damn. The coyote canyon fire to the south of me is blowing up big time. Moved 10 miles north in one day and is now less than 12 miles from me, with 25-30 mph sustained winds, and gusts to 60 today, blowing it right toward me. Standing by ready to pack out my important crap. Sure wish this would end. Torrential downpour for a week would be nice

Man I hate to hear that, sending prayers to yall out that way.
8upbowhunter