Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Is Aerial Bombing Legal in the Elkwoods?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Is Aerial Bombing Legal in the Elkwoods?

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 10 01, 2015 •  [Post 1]

So, several days after I harvested my ID bull this year, we were back in the same area seeing if there was anybody home. Joe and I stopped for a setup/calling session 400 yards or so in the draw below where I had shot the bull. Nobody answered but we were hearing various sorties of ravens flying to and fro high above us and the old growth cedar trees. They were traveling back and forth with treats gathered from the kill site. How do I know this? Well, as we were finishing the calling session, "something" came crashing down through a tall cedar tree branches and landed "thunk" five feet from where I was sitting. Upon close inspection, it was a rather large piece of scrap meat that a raven had not been able to hold on to for the long flight to his stash spot. I had been bombed! Joe said either the raven was purposely trying to bonk me with a chunk of meat, or, was thanking me for providing such a feast by offering a chunk of tasty meat. I took a snapshot with my iPhone in case it was needed later in court :D

IMG_2500.JPG
IMG_2500.JPG (281.11 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Is Aerial Bombing Legal in the Elkwoods?

Postby powderhogg01 » 10 01, 2015 •  [Post 2]

I have never had that happen, I have however found a cat kill in a tree above me. I had no idea it was even there, just sat down to rest and wait for my buddy to catch up. I kept catching a whiff of dead, but it was not until my buddy showed up and spotted the meat in the tree. we got out of dodge... as an angry kitty I do not want to mess with
powderhogg01

First Name: sam
Last Name: cohen