Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Burger Joint

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 03, 2016 •  [Post 1]

What do you cats like?
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Burger Joint

Postby Fridaythe13th » 04 04, 2016 •  [Post 2]

Yep, bar and grill for me. I go to a small town bar in Miesville MN called Kings, it's 35 min from home and get a burger called a Mudhen name after the the baseball team, the burger has bacon, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut on it. It is the best burger I've ever had. Love small town grills.
Fridaythe13th

First Name: Eric
Last Name: S

Postby Lefty » 04 04, 2016 •  [Post 3]

Use to be, Twenty five years ago Cambria Minnesota Bar had a 1 lb burger. You could add what you wanted but most folks added fried onions. Served an a fresh bun
We would call ahead for our order. A nearly twenty minute drive from home and still enough time for a game of 8-ball before the burger was served.
I looked on line, it doesn't appear to exist anymore.

In reality the best burger joint is at home. Good bakery buns, butter toasted.
Chopped fried onion , egg white, a bit of blue cheese dressing with avocado and sweet peppers, mixed than pattied and slow cooked,.. The last times I added some Alpine seasoning for a bit of smoky flavor. Add butter-fried carmeled onions and mushrooms on top No ketchup or mustard, maybe tomato or a slice of good cheese

Hmmm maybe burgers for supper tonight!!
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 04 04, 2016 •  [Post 4]

I can handle a Big Mac once in awhile or some other fast food burger, but I am with Lefty. The best burgers come from home. My wife wants only a small one, so I make two fairly large ones. I cut off part of hers and eat that too. While I am grilling the burgers, she fries some chopped potatoes or onions. :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Lefty » 04 04, 2016 •  [Post 5]

Supper
Moose burger,.. forget the cheese

20160404_171758 (Small).jpg
Lefty

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 04, 2016 •  [Post 6]

Nicely done mister!
WapitiTalk1

Postby lamrith » 04 04, 2016 •  [Post 7]

In -n-out for a fast food burger.

The Ram has some good burgers too for more of a sit down meal setting.
'15 Elite E35. 30.5", 67#
100Gr. G5 montecs
Sportsman's Vital Impact 300spine

http://www.pelletpeddler.com
lamrith

First Name: Larry

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 04, 2016 •  [Post 8]

Agree with the Ram. Also like Hop Jacks. For old school joints, A&W and Arctic Circle were over the top....30+ years ago in Kalispell. Egans in Oly make a darn good burger also ;)
WapitiTalk1

Postby Lefty » 04 04, 2016 •  [Post 9]

I dont remember a time in the last 8 years years weve ordered anything else. Im sure early years we ate their hamburgers, Now a good lunch maybe a patty-melt, Au jur or for me a rueban, a sandwich with fantastic fries,..the OPAL CAFE in Spencer Idaho
A great greasy-spoon , will fill you up,.tons of calories , raise your cholesterol, but send you on your way with a smile on your face, and ready for a nap :)
Lefty

Postby pointysticks » 04 04, 2016 •  [Post 10]

Whataburger for fast food. i eat one every year in AZ when i deer hunt.

i could spew forth random epic burgers, but the names would mean nothing except to the locals. :)

my death row food is a GREAT burger.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby Indian Summer » 04 05, 2016 •  [Post 11]

The only fast food I really like is Kentucky Fred Chicken and I love it. I'll hit Burger King once in a blue moon but for the most part elk is what's for dinner. We make what we call junk burgers. They have double swiss cheese which I'm addicted to and everything else you can think of including cole slaw and French fries on a thick fresh bun.

No I do not cover my food with mass amounts of any kind of hot sauce like lots of people these days.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Backyard » 04 06, 2016 •  [Post 12]

If you're heading out from east this fall, and taking I80 through Nebraska, a must stop is Ole's Big Game Steakhouse in Paxton. Awsome burgers and brew and some very interesting history. The original owner was quite the hunter.
Backyard

Postby sojurner 65 » 04 08, 2016 •  [Post 13]

Don't know what you guys out west have. I used to go to a chain called "Five Guys" but have stayed away since my heart attack as they are greasy (but good!). I went to a place called "Wayback Burgers", also good but less grease. And I still like Red Robin 'cause you can get a Bison burger there.
sojurner 65

First Name: Michael
Last Name: Eckhart

Postby sojurner 65 » 04 08, 2016 •  [Post 14]

Backyard wrote:If you're heading out from east this fall, and taking I80 through Nebraska, a must stop is Ole's Big Game Steakhouse in Paxton. Awsome burgers and brew and some very interesting history. The original owner was quite the hunter.

I am in October and think I'll stop in, looks nice, plus a reasonably priced motel in the area.
http://olesbiggame.com/
sojurner 65

First Name: Michael
Last Name: Eckhart

Postby Game Planner Maps » 04 12, 2016 •  [Post 15]

pointysticks wrote:Whataburger for fast food. i eat one every year in AZ when i deer hunt.

i could spew forth random epic burgers, but the names would mean nothing except to the locals. :)

Gotta go to In-N-Out Burger when in AZ. Get a Double Double animal style and enjoy the best $3.50 burger of your life!
The Ultimate Map Resource for the DIY Public Land Hunter
www.GAMEPLANNERMAPS.com
Whats Your Game Plan?
Game Planner Maps
Game Planner Maps

Postby pointysticks » 04 12, 2016 •  [Post 16]

Game Planner Maps wrote:
pointysticks wrote:Whataburger for fast food. i eat one every year in AZ when i deer hunt.

Gotta go to In-N-Out Burger when in AZ. Get a Double Double animal style and enjoy the best $3.50 burger of your life!

In and out is down the street from my office. They taste too fatty for me. Great taste but I get that odd feeling afterwards.

Once a year. They are good tho
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l