Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

"Hey I know you"

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

"Hey I know you"

Postby Lefty » 04 02, 2017 •  [Post 1]

I tend to run across people in far off woodlands from all over.

My wife and I while on vacation a week ago we met a family on a hike near the Arizona Utah border.
" Hey I know you!" the fellow said, I hadnt recognized him. He and his brother-in-law and F-I-L are the only fellows that hunt the mountain side where we archery hunt.

Last summer I met the nephew of a county sheriff who wanted to hire me( replace him) 38 years ago While hiking to the top of Table rock in the Tetons, Me with my 3 year old hip , him with his year old new knees. We both have memories of that day,.. I turned the job down,.. $13,500 . The Sheriff mentioned "this is a nice place to live." At that time the county seat had 500 people. Now less than 300

And last fall during the elk hunt I was running desperately trying to find some elk,.. I spoke to two groups and one fellow one afternoon. Later NJdiverdan from this forum sent me a pm he figured out who I was.

Filling with gas on the Montana border I hear" Superman" I turn around and a 5th grade girl who was going to spent the month at Grandma and grandpas ranch. She introduced me to grandma ( my age :roll: ) as Joes special teacher.

And while dipping smelt on Bear Lake I heard my last name,. You wont recognize me but you were my wood shop teacher in Roy Utah, OK its been 20 years and he has a full beard.

How about some unique people encounters
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: "Hey I know you"

Postby Freebird134 » 04 04, 2017 •  [Post 2]

Those are great. I love running into people unexpectedly. great surprises!

My parents just moved from Idaho to Florida, so we went to visit for spring break. My wife and I met in grad school in Orlando, but it's been 10+ years. We were in Bass Pro checking out backpacking stoves.....and so was one of our old professors.

My craziest was when I was doing my PhD in Connecticut. A friend of a friend kept telling me "you got to meet my friend, he's from Idaho too." They all liked to joke that everyone from Idaho must know each other. When we finally met.....we didn't just know each other, but we played in the same cover band as undergrads at the Universty of Idaho five years before. What are the chances 2/5 of a crappy cover band in Idaho ended going to grad school at Yale?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon