Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Happy Easter

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Happy Easter

Postby stringunner » 04 16, 2017 •  [Post 1]

Something to ponder on this happy day of rememberence that He has Risen.

For Christians, the Bible says if this is all false we should be pitied....

A question then for those whom do not follow Jesus...

What are the implications if it is true He rose from the dead and is who He said He was?

" Many times people think about religion, or non-religion, in terms of preferences and opinions, whatever works best for me. All religion's kind of fundamentally the same, just superficially different. But this is where the reality of Easter confronts us: this is not an issue of preference or opinion. This is a matter of truth or error. Either Jesus did rise from the dead, and he's conquered death, or he didn't. That's not preference or opinion, that's fact or lie." David Platt
stringunner

Re: Happy Easter

Postby Roosiebull » 04 16, 2017 •  [Post 2]

I was expecting more of a fun, loving post when I opened this :shock:

I don't mind religion at all, I like non denominational Christian churches...with that being said, in my younger, crazier days, living solo in an apt, the morman's came knocking at my door....I invited them in and they stayed for over an hour, good people, young missionaries.

the part that stood out to me, and where I gained great respect for them, I asked "all of this you just told me, and with all of the worlds religions thinking their way is more pure than the next, why should I take what you told me as the truth? if so many religions believe in God, why is there so much difference in religions? "

it was something to that effect, obviously not word for word, but one of them answered very quick and confidently "pray for the answer to that question, pray for the truth, i'm not trying to make you think like me"

I thought that was really cool, a good, and honest answer, I invited them back, and they came back several times, really cool guys, most of the talking was just talking, not trying to shove their beliefs down my throat, actually quite the opposite, they just asked me to pray, that was the message they were delivering.

too many religions for only one to be the path to heaven....I think individual religions are to suit different types of people....there are bible verses I have read that seem to say the same thing. Faith is the one thing in common, and likely the most important.

happy Easter to you as well!
Roosiebull

Re: Happy Easter

Postby Swede » 04 17, 2017 •  [Post 3]

As many of you know I believe that Jesus is everything including all He claimed to be, and the Bible is the true Word of God. If that is true, then the claim that Jesus is the only way to heaven is true. If the Koran is true, or some other text, then follow that. Either Jesus is the only way, and He is God, or Christians have been the victim of a great hoax. After many years of careful study I know the great news is that salvation is free and there is still time to get your license and tag for the great hunt. Like the criminal that was crucified along side of Jesus, all we need to do is admit to Him we are real sinners, and ask Him to take us to be with Him when He calls for us.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics