Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Yeller dog to the rescue

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Yeller dog to the rescue

Postby wawhitey » 05 21, 2017 •  [Post 1]

I guess this is just me venting. Heres the story. My parents neighbor is a dirtbag druggie multiple felon. He had 3 dogs, i want to say great pyrinnese? Im certain i spelled that wrong. Anyway, big damn dogs. He never fed them or cared for them. They were starving all the time, so they would run amok chasing deer, killing livestock etc. Somebody apparently got sick of it and shot 2. The last one alparently ran away, and druggie loser found it, put it in his car to take it home. According to him it jumped out of the window of the car and broke its neck. I figure it was commiting suicide to avoid going back home. Anyway, this dirtbag went anx got 2 more, so he could breed them and sell the pups for drug money, while once again not feeding them or caring for them at all. So yesterday my mom was home alone, and my pup was outside alone playing. He started screaming, and the 8yr old yellow lab smashed through the screen door and charged outside. Turns out my pups screaming was him running from the 2 big neighbor dogs. He came very close to getting killed. The old yeller dog ran out and saved him, getting ripped up in the proccess. An 8 year old lab is just no match for 2 100+ lb dogs. The 2 big dogs had him pinned to the ground and were mauling the hell out of him. My 60 year old mom ran out with a pistol and fired over their heads, sending the 2 dogs running home. This all happened 10-20 feet from my parents house. Old yeller dog has something like 15 puncture wounds, but is on antibiotics and pain killers and is quite perky. If he hadnt have ran out when he did, im certain my little 50lb pup would be dead. Dont know where im going with this, just really angry. That druggie scumbag needs to do one decent thing in his worthless life and just die.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: Yeller dog to the rescue

Postby Tigger » 05 22, 2017 •  [Post 2]

Report it to law enforcement. With any luck at all, they get the guy on some other charges while they are at it and although not dead, could be in the pen for a few years. The other option is to just keep shooting the dang things. Or take them to the pound.
Tigger

Postby Lefty » 05 22, 2017 •  [Post 3]

Tigger wrote:Report it to law enforcement. With any luck at all, they get the guy on some other charges while they are at it and although not dead, could be in the pen for a few years. The other option is to just keep shooting the dang things. Or take them to the pound.

ANd ask the lawman to go over to tell the druggie to pay your vet bills,
More to put him on the laws radar, ( he wont pay) and maybe file a nuisance complaint
Worse thing,.. you will need to keep a close eye on your dogs or the others will take him. Your dogs are in danger

Most dog owners cant do what really needs to be done,

Sorry; this likely wont end good for anyone
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 05 23, 2017 •  [Post 4]

Real Bummer. I don't know how to deal with this problem. I guess you call the sheriff and report the problem first. If you shoot the neighbor dogs when they are trying to kill your pup on your property, you should be legally justified. But what will the scumbag neighbor do? Will he go on a rampage? If he had any sense of decency, he would make things right without your complaining.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby pointysticks » 05 23, 2017 •  [Post 5]

what an awful story.

i would move both of your dogs away from the killer dogs. that yellow dog earned a vacation away. i would take them to my place. and then call animal control. you have to report it somewhere. around here, animal control is the call.

and kudos to your mom running out and firing a gun. that is pretty badass if you ask me.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l