Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Wilderness athelete

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Wilderness athelete

Postby Taw024 » 06 01, 2017 •  [Post 1]

Hi all

I know I don't post much because u guys are wealth of info on elk hunting and I am from the flat lands. But anyways has any one tried wilderness athelete? I have ordered the 28 day challenge and awaiting its arrival. If u all would like I can try do a log and let you know my thoughts on it.
Taw024

Re: Wilderness athelete

Postby Taw024 » 06 01, 2017 •  [Post 2]

I guess this way maybe I can be apart of forum with some info that might rise full to others!!
Taw024

Postby Brendan » 06 01, 2017 •  [Post 3]

I've used their Hydrate & Recover, Energy & Focus, Altitude Advantage and Green Infusion during Elk season the last 3 years. I mix the powders in with a scoop of protein powder a couple times a day in a Nalgene. Works great for helping to maintain energy when you're going all day for 10-12 days in a row.

In terms of getting in shape and losing weight - cutting back on all processed carbs, anything with added sugar and then exercising regularly is where it's at. I haven't found any supplements to really help much in that regard.
Brendan

First Name: Brendan

Postby Taw024 » 06 01, 2017 •  [Post 4]

Thanks for the Info I have been watching my carbs for about 3 weeks now. About the only thing I drink is water, tea, and coffee. Getting exercise is tuff for me. I got to girls that play travel ball and my exercise comes from practicing with them and climbing around on beams up in structure 8 to 10 hours a day. It's amazing with as active as I am I was able to pack on a extra 40 pounds. So I have told my self when I get down around 200 pounds and then I will elk hunt again. I have a lot of motivation.
Taw024

Postby Lefty » 06 01, 2017 •  [Post 5]

Brendan wrote:
In terms of getting in shape and losing weight - cutting back on all processed carbs, anything with added sugar and then exercising regularly is where it's at. I haven't found any supplements to really help much in that regard.

Stress from work, Doc orders and low carbs, I'm down 38lbs, with no added exercise since Christmas

The weight loss seemed to help with hiking.
But every one is different
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 06 02, 2017 •  [Post 6]

It is good to have you post here Taw. You really don't need to know anything to post on the elk hunting forum. RJ has been doing it for years. :lol:
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 02, 2017 •  [Post 7]

Swede wrote:It is good to have you post here Taw. You really don't need to know anything to post on the elk hunting forum. RJ has been doing it for years. :lol:

Crap, they're on to me :D. Swede, you may want to figure out a locking system for your tent in Idaho this year (that hunting camp antics thread is giving me some good ideas).
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 06 02, 2017 •  [Post 8]

I still remember RJ and I discussing starting a tree stand forum on the Wapiti Talk site. He wanted to know if I would be interested. He said he needed someone to wrangle it that knew a little something about tree stand hunting. I told him, "I know very little." We have been operating on that basis ever since.
I think we have just hijacked what was once a pretty good thread.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Taw024 » 06 02, 2017 •  [Post 9]

I have spent many a hour in a tree stand for whitetail.
Taw024

Postby 1Elkhunter » 06 28, 2017 •  [Post 10]

I'm a customer, have been for many years, and I believe in the products. My experience is limited to Hydrate and Recover powders, and Altitude Advantage capsules. I think they make a difference in my ability to maintain energy, replenish electrolytes, stay hydrated and fend of altitude sickness in the backcountry. In the last few years a lot of alternative brands have entered the space, and I've not tried any of them, which at best makes my opinion limited. The question was specific to WA, and that's my humble opinion.
1Elkhunter

Postby SilverDollars » 06 29, 2017 •  [Post 11]

Howdy. I've used their products for over three years. The altitude tablets are great help to a flat lander like myself. I use the Hydrate and recover & the Energy and Focus every day, 365!!! I mix both types making it a "superman" drink. I stay in shape and they help me hydrate and keep going. I live in central Texas where the stagnant summer heat can seriously and dangerously zap you if you don't do the right things. I wear a bee suit and sweat tons, as you can guess how hot it is inside those!!! Yep, I know how well they work and they are basically all I drink besides my milk, butter milk, and coffee. I've also used their shakes, the vanilla is best. Good products!!!!
SilverDollars