Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Knowing Elk Hunting

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Knowing Elk Hunting

Postby Swede » 06 06, 2017 •  [Post 1]

There is no total replacement for experience, but a person that reads and gets involved with discussions on this forum, will learn things that 20 plus years of hunting won't reveal. Sure I am biased , but here you get experienced hunters discussing, and yes debating sounds and tactics like on no other website. The breadth or experience and educational development here is second to none.
We have more fun too. There is nothing better than stirring up knuckleheads like Lefty and RJ, and you too Saddlesore. There are a bunch more characters that will get some stirring up too, but we do it to the benefit of everyone that posts or lurks here. This website is not a place to air personal grievances, and that comes through. W.T. is the best site on the internet for enjoyable hunting discussions, especially discussions on elk.
So what is your point Swede? You have just tried to be eloquent, by stating the obvious. The point is; go tell a friend. Share what you know so we have more voices around the campfire. There is room here for more newbies, wantabies, hot shots and old timers alike. One last thing and I will shut up, and you will be happy. I would appreciate it if you could find another Swede that could share the abuse I have to put up with.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Knowing Elk Hunting

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 06, 2017 •  [Post 2]

A wise old codger told me, many years ago, "if you don't learn something new today, this day is lost". That has stuck with me throughout my life and to this day. I do enjoy our campfire on Wapiti Talk and appreciate all the members who pose questions, join in the conversations, and offer thoughts based on experiences without reservation. It's a good place to hang out and talk about our love of elk hunting. Shoot, I'm even warming up to Swede although we all know how ornery he is. Keep it up folks and I hope we are able to spend many more years together.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Taw024 » 06 07, 2017 •  [Post 3]

I really enjoy this site for many of the reasons u stated. I like how the bickering is always in good fun. I have learned a lot and wish I had more info on elk hunting as I would love to share knowledge. It's always great to check out the new post because it seems that pot stirrer swede is gonna make me smile. Thank u for that swede!!!
Taw024

Postby saddlesore » 06 08, 2017 •  [Post 4]

I don't know much about elk hunting,but if it has been done wrong, I have probably done it. I only try to not repeat it
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics